right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Transferring from UW Madison to UW Seattle/Bothell/Tacoma/WSU

SN2022SN2022 10 replies6 threads Junior Member
So, this is a really strange year thanks to COVID-19.

I'm currently a junior at UW Madison. Long story short, I recently moved to Seattle with my mom since she got a new job in June so now I'm trying to transfer to UW Seattle/Bothell/Tacoma/WSU. Unfortunately my GPA is kinda low (2.76) due to a couple of terrible grades in the fall 2019 semester; however spring 2020 I kinda bounced back. I'm trying to get into the data science field in when I graduate.

My realistic thinking would be that UW Seattle is way out of my reach so that is why I've planned a couple of backup options which are Washington State, UW Bothell and UW Tacoma. How good are my chances if I want to get into CS/statistics/data science? Will COVID impact my chances?

And I heard that UW Bothell's CS program is pretty decent and overlooked, am I right? How good is UW Tacoma's CS compared to Bothell?
0 replies
Tagged:
· Reply · Share