Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Lets play matchmaker

CuriousphilosopherCuriousphilosopher Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
edited December 2004 in Transfer Students
Alright Im thinking about majoring in "International Studies/Relations" & Political Science, But I don't necessarily know where I might wanna apply. I'm in california, so for out of state universities, what might be a good choice. I'm not into discussing ivies because I already got a "C" and well I don't think my hs record will help to much. But outside of the ancient 8, what are some good universities I should apply to?
my list so far
ucla
ucb
usc
ucsd
these are just colleges I know for sure Im going to apply to. So any input would be much appreciated, thanks.
Post edited by Curiousphilosopher on

Replies to: Lets play matchmaker

• Redwyn8100Redwyn8100 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Georgetown does great with international relations. The ancient 8 may not be your best choice with this. Besides Dartmouth and Cornell, both of whom have great programs, you can do better out of it. Stanford and Duke also have good polysci depts. George Washington I think does as well.
  • CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,428 Senior Member
    assuming the ancient 8 (as ive never heard the term before) includes harvard and yale, there isnt much better you can do than those two, especially harvard for government (esp. with the kennedy school as a grad option). as for the others, redwyn has a pretty good list for you to work off there.
  • CuriousphilosopherCuriousphilosopher Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Would you think Tufts have a good program, I heard through some other threads. Does Stanford or Duke request your High School /SAT records? How about these schools, UVA, WAke Forest U., Emory, Tulane? Also which would be the strongest candidate from the 4 cali schools (ucla, ucb, usc, ucsd)? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.