Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Question about Transferring!?

CollegeDude87CollegeDude87 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited September 2006 in Transfer Students
Hi All,
i need some advice for transferring next year, here's the background info, so please bear with me:

i'm a freshman @ framingham state college right now, although i was supposed to be in Northeastern, but last minute i bailed out because i just couldn't make up my mind, so i applied to framingham and for 5 grand a year, im not complaining. i got a little screwed though, as far as my engineering major goes, because there is literally none here, even though it is listed as one of the majors. i don't even have a real advisor, so i'm pretty much on my own. and of course i commute. so i have been taking a regular course load here, which is apparently 4 courses. i applied late, and i didnt have time to move around, so i have regular classes chem1,calc1,Intro to IT, VB.NET programming. 4 classes! i also work in the IT department. next semester will be english, calc2, some other computer courses. this is a complete joke for me. my courses are not even remotely challenging, calc being the exception ( i actually have to study). first year im assuming just to take the base courses so that's what i did. i kno im missing out on all the intro engineering courses but o well, they will have to wait till next year. i dont know where to transfer, i don't really want to go back to northeastern bc its too expensive. but i am working hard right now im hoping to keep a good gpa and take every course i possibly can next semester. is it possible i could move up to a better school? i like boston, but i think BU would be a stretch, i could go to UMASS amherst but im not sure i want to go there. any ideas? i wil be getting my A+ certification before end of this year and i have a good resume all that, did a paid internship at EMC senior year HS.
Any advice will be really helpful for me. i would be happy to answer any more questions if you need more info.
Post edited by CollegeDude87 on

Replies to: Question about Transferring!?

• jmmomjmmom Registered User Posts: 9,084 Senior Member
    What about Physics and Chemistry? Have you taken that/can you take that?

What are your financial parameters-have you calculated your (or your family's) EFC? over and above what a college gives you in financial aid, how much can you pay per year for the full cost of attendance (ie, tuition, fees, room and board)?

Do you want to stay in Mass? Would you consider UNH or UMaine Orono? Both have highly respected Engineering programs and are fairly close geographically.
This discussion has been closed.