Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UVA Transfer Stats

Replies to: UVA Transfer Stats

• KattKatt Registered User Posts: 367 Member
    Anyone else seeing under the status that your transcripts aren't noted as being received? I know they posted that they're still entering transcripts, but getting a little worried. Although, the other schools I applied to received everything so I'm hoping UVA has them as well.
  • TophToph Registered User Posts: 354 Member
    UVA says they haven't received my college transcript yet and it was sent out February 10th. They said it takes a couple weeks to process sometimes. I would worry about it. If it still isn't there in a week or so, you can always send another one out. If you explain your situation... they know mistakes happen with this sometimes...
    Thanks Toph! I think I sent mine around the middle of Feb. and then another one just to be sure about a week or so ago.
    That was supposed to say wouldn't worry about it... but it seems you picked up on it... so umm... there really isn't a point to this message :)
  • crichessillcrichessill Registered User Posts: 904 Member
    what kind of college gpa do most vtech engineering or vcu engineering students who transfer to uva get?
    I'm not sure, but I've heard a 3.8.
    I would think you could get in with less than a 3.8 especially for engineering.
    The site still says they haven't received my hs and my college transcript, but I definitely sent them. I know they have a notice as to why your transcripts haven't been posted (they're entering thousands right now), but I sent mine in 2 or 3 weeks ago and still it's showing they haven't received them. I don't want to bug admissions about it because they're pretty swamped right now, but at the same time I want to make sure they've received them. Should I e-mail them or call them?

Wonder what's the earliest we could hear something? Anyone know?
    Well.. I had mine sent out Feb 10... and it's listed as not received also. Actually you posting this makes me a little more comfortable about mine not being received because they just probably haven't processed them yet as opposed to it being lost or not sent out.
    Yeah, I feel a little better too, now that you say they haven't posted yours as being received either. Do you know of anyone that has found out if they were accepted before the actual notice date? Hate this waiting!
  • Bigpackfan04Bigpackfan04 Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    i applied for fall admission at the end of December and i still have not got any type of a decision posted online. they have received my transcripts and that took about 3 or 4 weeks for that to post. Did anybody get anything regarded access UVA last week?
    Finally! I just checked my application status online and they finally posted my high school and college transcripts. I would check today Bigpack. If it's still not showing up, then give Admissions a call. You probably won't receive a decision though, till the first of May.
    Sorry Bigpack. I see now that your transcripts were posted. I wish they'd do a rolling admissions. Seems like it would be easier on everyone if they did. The waiting is driving me nuts and we have a ways to go yet.

Anyone else have any stats to post?
  • asbuckeye07asbuckeye07 Registered User Posts: 159 Junior Member
    My stats(as a fall '05 applicant)-

-In-state for school of architecture (7% acceptance rate OUUUUUCH)
    -3.63 gpa (3.0 my first quarter and a 3.7-4.0-3.7 for every consec. quarter after that one...not to mention deans list too) at Ohio State
    -Enrolled in ohio state's school of architecture
    -all this year has been 200-600 level architecture courses
    -so-so essays
    -2.8 HS gpa
    -1250 sats and 26 act
    -EC include ice hockey(for osu my freshman year), NSCS, Honors, and AIAS(architecture assoc.)

...I'm not too sure about my chances but I heard that 2 of the 7 accepted to uva's arch program last year were VT students with 3.8s. Im hoping they will see that I am unique and go somewhere out of state, but still a VA resident. Plus i also hope they see my improvement since my first sreshman quarter.

Any thoughts? any other applicants for their school of architecture around???
    Hey buckeye! We have very similar stats and I'm applying in-state also and attending UMD with a 3.65 gpa and Dean's List. Only a 1200 SAT in HS though. :( My HS gpa was a 3.5 and I was pres. of my school my senior year and pres. of the junior class. I'm also president of my program here at UMD, so I'm hoping they like my EC's. I'm worried that my essay won't be good enough but I know I have 2 good recs. I applied to the school of Arts & Sciences trying to get into poli-sci.

Did you apply to UVA last year? I didn't.
This discussion has been closed.