Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

gpa enough?

queenskillersqueenskillers Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
edited March 2005 in Transfer Students
im applying to carnegie mellons humanities and social science school, brandeis, boston college, boston u, nyu, tufts. i have a 3.3 after one semester with pretty tough courses. since i only hav one semester to show i kno theyll look at my hs grades (92 gpa, 1290 sat, 730 sat ii avg, good ec's)...i jus need to get accepted to one school.....how do i look as an american asian indian applicant?
Post edited by queenskillers on

Replies to: gpa enough?

• GirlygrlGirlygrl Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    what school do you currently attend?
  • queenskillersqueenskillers Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    cuny honors college at queens college
    anybody have a take....it looks lik tufts and nyu might be my reaches the rest might be okay am i correct?
  • TophToph Registered User Posts: 354 Member
    Actually, for transfer students... BC might be more difficult than Tufts for transfers... but I'm not positive.
    well as far as wat im applyin for with wat im applyin with, do u think i should get into atleast one school?
  • TophToph Registered User Posts: 354 Member
    Brandeis let in over 50% of the transfers that applied last year according to US News.

But honestly I don't know... if your ECs and essays are good, that could help make up for the GPA, not that a 3.3 is even bad. I'm not an adcom though, so I don't know the answer. I mean... if you are a politics major and have worked on campaigns, obviously that would probably help.

On the bright side... you realized that you wanted to transfer already and if you work hard, should at the very least be able to get into a good school as a junior transfer.

Hopefully you'll get into one of your schools now.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.