Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Georgetown SFS vs. UPenn

124»

Replies to: Georgetown SFS vs. UPenn

• alpharoseanalpharosean Registered User Posts: 198 Junior Member
    I think not. Isn't that standard admission procedure? Every admission office expects that a certain number of committed students will withdraw their applications.
  • Rister_ChutophsRister_Chutophs Registered User Posts: 1,373 Senior Member
    @OP

It sounds like you're more interested in Economics than in International Affairs? If this is true, I'd definitely go to Penn.
    Also, it seems like the most important thing for you is law school placement? In this case, I'd definitely go to Penn because not only can you go to law school one year earlier but you'll also save yourself a lot of money.
    But if you're serious about International Affairs than SFS is hard to beat. You can't really make a wrong decision here, so congrats already!
  • Clout90265Clout90265 Registered User Posts: 248 Junior Member
    supindy, your logic in incredibly flawed. youre saying that a cornell student cant argue that prestige is unimportant because cornell is prestigious. how can u simply infer that this guy is going to cornell for its prestige? maybe he lives in ithaca. maybe he got an awesome scholarship. this students argument is just as valid as anyone's.
124»
This discussion has been closed.