Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transferring to UCLA or USC from UCSB

t4hsuht4hsuh Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited July 2010 in Transfer Students
Hey, I'm a sophomore now at UCSB and I was just wondering what you guys knew about getting into UCLA or USC as a transfer student

My undergrad gpa at UCSB alone is around a 3.3
But I also have completed a lot of community college courseswork, and my combined gpa is around a 3.55

Is that a competitive gpa? I want to transfer as a Accounting Major.

I know that UCLA does consider the joint gpa calculation but I am not too sure about USC.
Any replies would be great. Thanks
Post edited by t4hsuh on

Replies to: Transferring to UCLA or USC from UCSB

• georgetownboygeorgetownboy Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    so your final gpa is 3.5? can u get it up to a 3.6 or 3.7 ? well it wouldn't matter. I think that schools like UCLA give preference to residents in the state of California, so that might be a leg up for you. i think your gpa is good, not great, but good. You might want to get kick ass letters of recc's and write good essays....then i think you should be set.

please chance me!
    http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/transfer-students/952990-chance-me-transfer-3-7-gpa.html
  • xelinkxelink Registered User Posts: 1,125 Senior Member
    the UCs don't take into consideration letters of recommendation unless you're doing an appeal. UCLA does NOT offer accounting, the closest thing is biz-econ which is econ with some accounting courses added on. It is VERY competitive to get into(3.8-3.9ish GPA on average)

for your essay, tie in how your extra-curriculars tie into your major. That's about it, otherwise check the UC forum.
  • hahahahahhahahahah Registered User Posts: 1,051 Senior Member
    post this is the UC transfer subsection as well
  • Athletics12Athletics12 Registered User Posts: 215 Junior Member
    you know ucsb's accounting program is one of the best in cali? most people i knew who graduated from their in that program went to work for one of the big 4.
This discussion has been closed.