Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

So who is applying?

Replies to: So who is applying?

• maddy_01maddy_01 Registered User Posts: 873 Member
    oh wow! Well I got merit aid! not financial aid. Luckily it was enough...(17k) Yeah Mr Maloof is really nice. Just bug him a bit on how intereted you are in the merit aid, and Trinity as a whole. (atleast thats what I did).

You STILL have hope! They just want to see how u stand amongst the RD pool. and if you are indeed really competitive that they must have you. Then, be sure to get as much aid as you want.
  • tuoyo00tuoyo00 Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    Maddy_01.... did u submit any other form before you got your merit award? and is the merit award just based purely on eligibilty or do you have to notify them that you are intrested in their merit awards? and if you have to notify them - is it an official process or do you just e-mail Mr maloof? ...
    no no no ....ur application for admission is ALSO your application for merit-aid... All I said was to show an interet to Mr. Maloof...
  • anxiousmomanxiousmom Registered User Posts: 5,791 Senior Member
    Maddy - if you don't mind my asking.,..what are your stats? Just trying to see if DS has a chance at merit aid...
    trust me, anxious mom...It really wasnt my SAT score..lol

Well if u still want to know,
    SAT - Math 710, CR 630, W - 640 total - 1980
    GPA - 4.9/5.0
    Percentile - Top 5%
    International (Nigerian)

As I said, i believe it is the whole package (i.e recommendations, essays, interests, and ofcourse ur academic transcripts). Goodluck to ur DS.
  • loserloser Registered User Posts: 110 Junior Member
    Uhm, anyone knows when Trinity sends out EA II decisions? They say by Feb 1, but I'm just too anxious to wait (anyone last year received EA II decision remembers the exact day?)
    Thanks in advance.
    LOSER...

am also under the edII decision.... I heard they sometimes give the decision a week before i.e if they have made the decision and u call.... and am also anxious too...lol
  • Tuff_GhostTuff_Ghost Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    I got EA I a few days earlier than the date. Check your e-mail !!
    it is most likely NOT out yet. since it is jus the 10th of Jan. But i suspect from the 23rd or so...
  • orjrorjr Registered User Posts: 430 Member
    Wondering if any of you are planning to go to the accepted student day on 3/2. Or are any current Trinity students on this board who could talk to us about what it would be like?
    Is it better to visit individually and check things out - or come on a visit day like that with a ton of other people?
    Hey orjr, are you on facebook. If you are you can meet other Trinity accepted students. Alot of them are going so....

Anyways, if you want, the url is

[url]http://www.****/group.php?gid=2223028747&ref=mf[/url]
    Anyone got EA II decision?
    naa! loser u?
  • jbugjbug Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    I just got my EAII decision in my e-mail! YAY! I am in-now I have to wait two more months to find out from the other colleges I applied to.

If you applied EAII-Check your e-mail!!!!!!
    not yet....I'm overanxious.........
This discussion has been closed.