Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Tufts Regular Decision - class of 2018

mathsci1995mathsci1995 Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
edited January 2014 in Tufts University
Thought I'd start a trend for all of us applying RD. I'm applying from Maryland, for CS within the engineering school. Really hoping to be a Jumbo come the end of March!!!
Post edited by mathsci1995 on

Replies to: Tufts Regular Decision - class of 2018

• TypeRATypeRA Registered User Posts: 297 Junior Member
    Applying from twenty minutes away from Medford! I applied to the engineering school, then changed my app to the Liberal arts College (in true Tufts fashion). I really hope they do give my app a solid look through!

Which essay did you guys do for the last one? I did what makes you happy and spoke of running; I know NOBODY in my school who has dared do the #YOLO prompt ha
  • daphne66daphne66 Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    My D applied RD for Community Health. We live in CA. Stats_ GPA 4.0 (W), ACT 33, EC's are mostly sports, level 9 gymnast (through Junior year) , pole vaulter and cross country runner….would love to know what her chances are. She also chose 'what makes you happy' essay prompt. Is anyone wiling to share stats or what they consider to be good numbers for Tufts?
  • cats4ucats4u Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    It is so hard to know who will get into Tufts. My D applied ED with coach's support, didn't ask for aid, well rounded, solid student (higher GPA, lower scores than your D) and did not get in. Good luck!
  • eamolinaeamolina Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm applying RD for CS at Tufts Engineering also. I'm a Texan applicant.
  • SeljukturkSeljukturk Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    I am applying for physics at Tufts. I am also a Texan applicant
  • txvelletxvelle Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    My S is applying RD for history/theater at Tufts and is also from TX - maybe "ya'll" we be part of Jumbo speak next year.. his last essay was on the "celebrate your nerdy side." - he had fun with it..
  • makearightmakearight Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    Applied for BME at Engineering school.

4.0 UWGPA (school doesn't do weighted or class rank, but most likely in Top 10)
    33 ACT
    Lots of extracurriculars and leadership positions (2 sports(varsity;captain) president of two clubs(one is NHS) representatives for two other clubs) lots of volunteering
    Pretty good recs (two teachers (science and English) and lab prof I worked for in summer(at prestigious uni)
    Not applying for FA

Did the Virginia Woolf prompt. Made a website.

Applying from Wisconsin.
  • picktailspicktails Registered User Posts: 442 Member
    My D applied RD - Tufts is tied with Brown as her first choice. She's made 3 visits to campus, including an overnight. She asked to meet the NJ reader on our 2nd visit and he spent 15 minutes with her! So I think she's done as much as possible to "demonstrate interest," lol. Stats - 4.2 GPA, 2150 SAT, 31 ACT, hook - URM.
    Good luck to everyone!
  • outonalimboutonalimb Registered User Posts: 340 Member
    Tufts is my second choice, but Idk if I'm getting in :\
    I have a 34 ACT and 2230 SAT but avg school GPA
  • mathsci1995mathsci1995 Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    A current student just sent this to me. Looks like there was an increase in applicants. Now I'm even more nervous. Crap!

Class of 2018 expected to be most competitive to date - News - Tufts Daily - Tufts University
  • picktailspicktails Registered User Posts: 442 Member
    Wow, that's an amazing insight into the process. So much of the selection is random, somehow making a connection to the reader.
  • mikemike18mikemike18 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    I'm applying RD to Community Health from Hawai'i.. The interview went well but I'm still nervous about getting in because.. well.. it's Tufts. I only have a 32 ACT, 3.88 UW GPA
  • lowell14lowell14 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    Applying RD for Computer Engineering from Lowell, MA. 1990 SATs, rigorous course load, plenty of extracurriculars, fantastic interview but don't know much else in regards to GPA and class rank (will know soon). Excited to hear about the decisions, Tufts is my #1! Best of luck to everyone!
  • collegesleuth227collegesleuth227 Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    edited February 2014
    I really hope I get in! Tufts is my number one choice!

I'm from Long Island, NY and want to major in Biology. I have a 2120/2400 (1440/1600) on my SAT, 750 on US History SAT II, 700 on Molecular Bio SAT II, 32 ACT, a 104.05 weighted GPA and I'm the salutatorian of my graduating class.

I had an interview, which went fantastic and was one of the best ones I've had. My interviewer was super friendly and engaging - we met in a Starbucks and chatted for an hour. She was really impressed with my resume and the fact that I wrote a 20+ page research paper examining the economic returns on higher education based on college selectivity and major. I also am very involved in music, Quizbowl and I do quite a bit of volunteer work in the summer.

My test scores are a bit on the weaker side compared to some applicants, but I hope my strong grades and other achievements make up for it. =)

By the way does anyone know when we get notified? Do they send decisions out by mail or by email/online as well? Do they send decisions out all at once? I know its around the end of March/ very beginning of April, but I'd love to know when!
  • gondalineNJgondalineNJ Registered User Posts: 415 Member
    edited February 2014
    So collegesleuth227... what conclusions did you draw from your research for your paper? Tufts must have fared well if you've applied and it's your #1! Best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.