Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Financial Aid?

natoktnatokt Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
edited June 2005 in Tufts University
How generous is Tufts with need and merit-based financial aid? I am extremely interested in Tufts, but the one thing holding me back from applying ED to any school is money. I'm pretty sure I'll get less because of applying ED but how much less should I expect?
Post edited by natokt on

Replies to: Financial Aid?

• _hp__hp_ Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    I was worried about the same thing.

Tufts does not offer any major merit aid, however they were very generous with their need based to me.
  • natoktnatokt Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    Thanks for the response. Were you an ED candidate?
  • _hp__hp_ Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    No, I applied regular and was admitted, and will be attending.
  • mjonesmjones Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    Hey natokt, I was an ED candidate (accepted, attending), but I think it's kind of hard to compare how generous Tufts is with need based aid because of the wide range of familial incomes. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Tufts does not necessarily match what each family determines their need is.
  • Dad-JoeDad-Joe Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    My daughter was accepted this year and Tufts grant was slightly mor than what we expected based on the FASA EFT. I thought that was fair. Maybe not easy but fair.
  • tufta08tufta08 Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    In my situation, the need that Tufts determined mine to be did not match the FAFSA by quite a bit. I was accepted Early Decision I.
  • 1stgensane1stgensane Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    I was accepted regular decision, and Tufts came short of my EFC by about $1000 (however most of that was to be student contribution because I had a high paying job). They gave me thse most of all 6 schools that accepted me, including Trinity, which I had always heard to be generous.
This discussion has been closed.