right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Tulane RD - Class of 2024

MellivesayMellivesay 4 replies1 threads New Member
edited March 24 in Tulane University
Hello, Tulane is at the TOP of my son's list. He was ready to apply EA but then read about the Creative Portfolio for the music program. He ended applying Regular Decision two weeks after the EA deadline with a creative portfolio. I know we can still apply ED II, but we need to understand if there will be any scholarship money before committing. The website decisions will be mailed as they become available, before April 1st. Does anyone know of decision letters made before the April 1st date? Also, when is merit scholarship information passed along? THANKS!
edited March 24
155 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Tulane RD - Class of 2024

• CollegeDude120CollegeDude120 18 replies2 threads Junior Member
    When Tulane visited my school, they told us the regular decision acceptance rate was 6 percent regular decision compared to a much higher early action. I'd obviously still apply if I was him because this could change. I got accepted EA and my merit scholarship (not financial aid) package was given to me when accepted. I'm not sure exactly how EDII works, but if your son gets in, then he is binded to the decision. Idk exactly how this works, but if it is for severe financial reasons, there's a way to get out. I'd research their policy before deciding whether to switch or not, but switching to EDII would definitely improve his chances.
    · Reply · Share
  • MellivesayMellivesay 4 replies1 threads New Member
    My son got in RD today! We got the email at noon today! There isn't any scholarship information though..... :-(
    · Reply · Share
  • Charlie2772Charlie2772 237 replies6 threads Junior Member
    @Mellivesay Was it on his portal as well? Was he a previous EA candidate?
    · Reply · Share
  • MellivesayMellivesay 4 replies1 threads New Member
    He got an email to check the portal. He was not an EA applicant. He wanted to submit a creative portfolio so did RD two weeks after the EA deadline.
    · Reply · Share
    Very cool! (I did see that after I asked about the EA vs RD) . Congratulations!
    · Reply · Share
  • Doubtfuleyes13Doubtfuleyes13 181 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I thought rd came out on ivy day? Does that mean we can expect to hear back anytime? Anyone else hear back?
    · Reply · Share
  • curioustylercurioustyler 124 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @Doubtfuleyes13 I think it is more of a rolling type of deadline with the intent of "BEFORE April 1"..
    · Reply · Share
  • Doubtfuleyes13Doubtfuleyes13 181 replies1 threads Junior Member
    O cool! Thx! Has anyone else heard back who applied rd?
    · Reply · Share
  • h8annahh8annah 410 replies29 threads Member
    I’m deferred and haven’t heard back but it’s whatever lol
    · Reply · Share
  • aarybalkaraarybalkar 203 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Tulane observes a rolling Decision policy. So, we can expect to hear from them any time before April 1 (RD)... If I have high demonstrated Financial Aid (International), I guess I will have to wait till the Merit Scholarships come out...
    · Reply · Share
    I have a feeling it is today. EA was on a Thursday. We shall see.
    · Reply · Share
  • 2024collegegrad2024collegegrad 11 replies0 threads New Member
    I saw a website that had RD release dates for most private colleges and it said Tulane was releasing on March 23 at 3 PM central time. I’m not sure where they heard that information since Tulane hasn’t informed any of us, but it seemed too specific to be made up.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom.3.xmom.3.x 13 replies2 threads Junior Member
    My daughter is EA deferred and heard from her admissions counselor to check the Green Wave Portal at or after 3:30pm on March 26th for a final decision.
    · Reply · Share
    @mom.3.x i had a feeling it'd be on a Thursday. Unfortunately, not yesterday — but still great news.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegechemistrycollegechemistry 76 replies1 threads Junior Member
    mom.3.x wrote: »
    My daughter is EA deferred and heard from her admissions counselor to check the Green Wave Portal at or after 3:30pm on March 26th for a final decision.
    mom.3.x wrote: »

I was told the same
    · Reply · Share
  • 2024collegegrad2024collegegrad 11 replies0 threads New Member
    does anyone want to share stats?
    · Reply · Share
  • aarybalkaraarybalkar 203 replies5 threads Junior Member
    International Student from India, Male.

SAT - 1500 (720R + 780M)
    GPA - 93.53 on a 100-point scale.
    12th Predicted - 95.6
    TOEFL - 118/120

Requested Financial Aid

Applied EA but required time to arrange Financial Aid Documents and submitted FIF late (8th Feb) with an email explanation and hence, never received a decision.
    · Reply · Share
    Son EA deferred
    SAT 1560
    UW GPA 3.75
    Strong everything else
    Great interview with alumna

I’m not very hopeful.
    · Reply · Share
  • equinox2equinox2 18 replies0 threads Junior Member
    EA deferred
    ACT 32 (I submitted ACT)
    UW GPA 4.0
    Hopefully strong EC
    I asked for an alumni interview and I received an email but when I replied my interviewer never replied. By the time Tulane responded to my email about my interviewer, it was too late.
    · Reply · Share
  • vpd1702vpd1702 3 replies0 threads New Member
    edited March 23
    I applied EA and my merit scholarship was stated in the Acceptance letter
    edited March 23
    · Reply · Share