Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Math Class Question

sld122sld122 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
edited July 2011 in UC Transfers
I'm currently going to a community college and I'm looking to transfer to UCLA in Fall 2012. We just had our registration for the upcoming fall semester, and I was trying to finish up all the required classes/IGETC classes and major prep classes before I apply to UCLA this fall. The problem is, I still needed to take my math class requirement, but the only teacher available was supposed to be horrible. So I waitlisted a math class with a good teacher, but I'm concerned about my chances of getting into UCLA if I end up not getting in it. I will obviously get the requirement out of the way by spring if it comes to that, but they won't be able to see the grade.

So my question is, how good of chance do you guys think I would have of getting into UCLA as a History Major if I have a 3.92 GPA and all the required classes taken care of by the end of this fall semester, except I am missing a Math class (which I would be taking the following spring semester)?
Post edited by sld122 on

Replies to: Math Class Question

• Ryan2136Ryan2136 - Posts: 396 Member
    as long as u take it before the end of spring semester youre good to go
  • UCHopeful12UCHopeful12 Registered User Posts: 246 Junior Member
    It would be hard trying to transfer in one years. Unless you have prior AP credits and take 16-20 unit semesters. Wish you the best of luck man :)
  • sld122sld122 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Ryan2136: ohh really? Cause I heard that if you don't take a math by fall it doesn't look good on the application.

UCHopeful12: I'm entering my second year, so I already got 32 units, so I think I'll be good on getting the right amount of units haha. but thanks anyway!
  • Ryan2136Ryan2136 - Posts: 396 Member
    sld, I had a friend who recently transferred to UCLA and guess what? He took his only required math class last semester: spring. And also he took english 102 or 2 at the same semester. Like I said, as long as you take em before you transfer (by the end of spring) you're good.
  • sld122sld122 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    ohh alright, that's great to hear.

Thanks a lot man!
This discussion has been closed.