Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Multivariable Calculus or Applied Statistics?

xxbluejay21xxbluejay21 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
edited July 2011 in UC Transfers
I go to SJSU, trying to transfer to UC Berkeley's EECS program. I major in CS at SJSU. I'm deciding between MV calc and Applied Stat. They both fulfill the same area of requirement and open up the same classes. But I'm wondering if one will be more useful than the other. Thanks for the help!!
Post edited by xxbluejay21 on

Replies to: Multivariable Calculus or Applied Statistics?

• xxbluejay21xxbluejay21 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    noone? :/ pleaseee help I have to decide this soon.
  • jackiechjackiech Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    Multivariable Calculus.
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 74,530 Senior Member
    Multivariable calculus is a degree requirement for UCB EECS. Statistics is not.
  • amansingsamansings Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    I can find anything on assist for SJSU to UCB(it only shows the transfer reqs for UCB to SJSU),but I'm planning for EECS from a community college, which (most probably) has the same prereqs; MV calculus is a required course to take, or you won't get admitted. There is some stats (calc based stats?) that are recommended to make your app look better,but MVC is much more important to take.
  • sgtbrechtsgtbrecht Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    Just go to the UCB EECS website and you'll see that Multivariable Calculus is one of the requirements.....
This discussion has been closed.