Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

California "Dream Act" approved for illegal immigrants

124»

Replies to: California "Dream Act" approved for illegal immigrants

• CaliMadeCaliMade Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    @USMC
    I will use your exact words "...Only crime was to want a better life."
    -Bank robbers taking something without working for it, but there only crime was to want a better life.
    -Drug dealers trying to make a decent amount of money, but there only crime was to want a better life.
    -Illegals coming here illegally, but there only crime was to want a better life.
    Yes, I can categorize illegals with other criminals because it doesn't matter what your intentions are you are still committing a crime.
  • IndieRockNRollIndieRockNRoll Registered User Posts: 304 Member
    Good point cptofthehouse.
    Of course you can compare "crimes" on a general level but the content of the crime is an important fact that you are ignorantly trying to avoid to make an "argument." It's completely ridiculous as many have pointed out to you who you have so blatantly ignored.
  • USMC0311USMC0311 Registered User Posts: 373 Member
    Ok Calimade, I think we clearly have come to an impasse. I analyze rules to see if they make sense because I KNOW that lawmakers don't always represent my values or beliefs when legislating. You seem to accept rules without criticism or judgement. No progress will come from continued debate. Good day sir/ma'am.
    It's really sad how an individual who can think and form their own opinion about an issue instead of just agreeing with what seems like the majority of members on this college forum can be ostracized. It seems like 99.9% of you all are for illegals. I'm sure most of you would love amnesty, your entitled to your own opinion as I am entitled to mine. But, when you all clearly disregard the criminal acts that are being violated that's a problem.
    My history... wow okay. I have answer peoples questions, I've posted good topics for discussions, and I've been honest with my comments. Read my previous post maybe you'll learn something.
    Right. Anyway, good luck with your future endeavors. Truly.
  • SMCguySMCguy Registered User Posts: 1,352 Senior Member
    This is such a difficult subject. I just really hate when people say things like "deport them all!"

The solution is not that simple. I'm done, have a good day all!
  • WHATDAMCFUDGEWHATDAMCFUDGE Registered User Posts: 290 Junior Member
    The problem with being a legal entity in the united states is that the government puts so many restrictions and conditions for legal stay. If you want to become a permanent resident, sometimes you are forced out of the country for up to 10 years. Now, if you have lived here for the majority of your thinking life, would you want to leave the land you grew up on for 10 years??
    Let's see, another point. The legalization of marijuana. How many people were so against it when they saw it as the devil's cigarette, yet when it became legal, they were suddenly flocking to it like it was honey? The problem is people focus on the bad stuff because it is deemed illegal, and therefore, do not care to look at the positive side of things. Some say that were free riding, but keep in mind that a lot of benefits are not bestowed upon us, and we have to pay full price for many of the things American citizens get for free or a reduced price.
    Also, we give back to the economy. From personal experience, we spent a lot of our money on electronics and such, so we are giving back, even in times of need when other people are suffering because of the economy. Truth is, a lot of people don't know how to manage money, and that is how they get ****ed by the economy. Oh, and my family pays taxes, so you can not say that's its because we don't pay taxes.

Sent from my Desire HD using CC App
  • vonlostvonlost Super Moderator Posts: 30,963 Super Moderator
    MODERATOR'S NOTE

This thread has gone off topic and run its course.
124»
This discussion has been closed.