Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chinese U--> cc--> UCB?

Psyduck43Psyduck43 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited September 2011 in UC Transfers
I'm a sophomore at a Chinese university (FDU) now and hope to transfer to UC , but it seems impossible for an international student to transfer directly to UCB/UCLA. So I wonder if I could apply for a cc then to UCB/UCLA?

Any help is much appreciated!
Post edited by Psyduck43 on

Replies to: Chinese U--> cc--> UCB?

• xViralxViral Registered User Posts: 324 Member
    I think it is possible for an international student to get into a UC, but it's probably harder than transferring from a CCC. With the budget cuts and all though, both UCLA and UCB have begun taking in more international/out-of-state students. But to answer your question, you can go to a CC and transfer to a UC. Although I'm not sure if all your credits will transfer(credits you've taken at your university).
  • SHSurpriseSHSurprise Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    The best choice is stay at FDU and apply to graduate school at UCB/UCLA
  • Psyduck43Psyduck43 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    The best choice is stay at FDU and apply to graduate school at UCB/UCLA
    Thank you for the advice, but it seems extremely hard in my faculty to go to a prestige graduate school in the US (I major in psychology).
  • Psyduck43Psyduck43 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    @xViral
    Thanks for the answer. The statistics from UCLA's web shows it admitted only 8 students from Non-U.S. schools in 2011, 4 in 2010 and 5 in 2009 with <5% admit rate...I didn't find the stat of UCB but I have given up the hope to transfer from Non-U.S. schools.
This discussion has been closed.