Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UCD TAG part time student

strawberrywaferstrawberrywafer Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
edited September 2011 in UC Transfers
I have 2 concerns about my TAG application:

1. The TAG matrix says that I have to be enrolled full time but that there are exceptions for part time. I am currently taking 11.5 units which is .5 units from full time. The reason is that after these 11.5 units, I will be done with all required courses for TAG as well as my associates degree. Would this count as an exception?

2. The matrix also says that I have to be enrolled through Spring 2012. After Fall 2011, I will be done with IGETC, ASSIST requirements for my major, and an associates degree. I don't see any reason for me to continue another semester.

Will my TAG application be rejected because of those two things? I wrote two sentences in the TAG additional comments to explain my situation. I feel like that's not enough. Can/Should I withdraw my application to add more comments and then resubmit it?
Post edited by strawberrywafer on

Replies to: UCD TAG part time student

• AskMsSunAskMsSun - Posts: 1,767 Senior Member
    This is what Davis says regarding the part-time exception:
    There are many acceptable reasons for a student to be enrolled part time and still qualify for a TAG. The UC Davis representative, in consultation with the CCC counselor and the student, has the sole discretion to make exceptions to provisions for full time enrollment for good cause. An example of “good cause” would be a student’s need to attend school part time because he/she is employed.
    Basically the UC Davis rep for your CCC campus has free reign in granting you exception. To find out who your Davis rep is, see UC Davis : California Community College TAG Contacts
This discussion has been closed.