Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do these transfer. TAG Help!

yosh42yosh42 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited September 2011 in UC Transfers
Hello,
I took some online classes in 2006 for a degree in aviation, but a medical condition led me to drop out in the first semester. Apparently I did not officially drop my classes and I received all UW grades. Do you think these will affect my TAG app?

AVSC 1010 UG Survey of Aviation Science GP UW 2.000
AVSC 1020 UG Aircraft Identification UW 1.000
AVSC 1100 UG Ground Private Pilot E 3.000
AVSC 1110 UG Flight Private Pilot Cert UW 3.000
MAT 0950 UG Foundations for Algebra UW 5.000

I went back to school in 2009 and since then I have all good grades. My TAG application says my UC transferable GPA is 3.40, but these courses brings my overall gpa to 2.67.
Do these courses transfer to UCSB? I dont see any classes there that resemble these coures. Is that how it works regarding whether or not they are transferable.

Thank you very much.
Post edited by yosh42 on

Replies to: Do these transfer. TAG Help!

• yosh42yosh42 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    And the online classes were from an out-of-state institution.
  • AskMsSunAskMsSun - Posts: 1,767 Senior Member
    You need to enter in all of your coursework and UCSB will determine which courses are transferable. Most likely these courses are not transferable, in which case they will be excluded from the GPA calculation. You should also include a note in the TAG application or in the UC application that you left the program due to a medical problem which resulted in the UW grades.
This discussion has been closed.