Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UC decision dates...

Replies to: UC decision dates...

• futebolistafutebolista Registered User Posts: 332 Member
    hobo, I don't think that would matter. In the case that you omit a school and end up attending it, your current school will most likely send the info for you.....ask the financial office!
  • CardinalFocusedCardinalFocused Registered User Posts: 2,096 Senior Member
    cal_girl_21,

We can make this the official UCB thread as well since the pool of students hoping for either UCLA or UCB tend to be very similar (and have quite the overlapping). Also, the stated dates between UCLA and UCB differ by only a day.
  • cal_girl_21cal_girl_21 Registered User Posts: 250 Junior Member
    great idea cardinalfocused.
    even though i am not anticipating a letter, i would like to be here when ppl open theirs :) there was a thread last year for UCB, and people were coming back every hour to check; it was crazy hahah! but i didnt find out about CC until 2 months after i got my letter =(
    i waited to open my letter in front of my two best friends. boy was it scary!!
    i look foward to maybe seeing some of you next fall!
    UCLA(116 days to go)...

UCB(115 days to go)...
    So I'm assuming you go to Cal cal_girl_21!?!? Congrats! What CC did you transfer out of? And any words of wisdom for this years batch of transfers?
  • allenaallena Registered User Posts: 1,716 Senior Member
    For those of you out there who have applied to both UCLA and UCB be prepared for a very stressful week! Last year at least I had heard back from all the schools that I had applied to, about 3 weeks before I heard anything from UCLA and Cal. I ended up hearing from UCLA 2 or so days before the Cal decisions came out. I had already sent in my SIR to UCLA before I heard from Berkeley, but it was still tense waiting for their decision.

This group is the third group of transfers I've watched (I watched the year before me, my year last year, and now you guys), and for the UC's there does seem to be a general pattern. Generally UCSC is the first school bacK, in early March. All of the other UC's tend to come at the end of March and very begining of April.
  • gabew42gabew42 Registered User Posts: 1,324 Senior Member
    What days did UCLA and Berkeley end up reporting on? You said UCLA actually came first?

Was it spread out over a couple days, or did each school have one big day where almost everyone got word?
    from my experience last year, posted admissions april 29 at 5 pm. so one big day and they really mean it when they say 5 pm
    Did the website crash during that time?

I'm still anxiously waiting for their online status/application update thing to go online. It just says it will in January.
    For those of you out there who have applied to both UCLA and UCB be prepared for a very stressful week! Last year at least I had heard back from all the schools that I had applied to, about 3 weeks before I heard anything from UCLA and Cal. I ended up hearing from UCLA 2 or so days before the Cal decisions came out. I had already sent in my SIR to UCLA before I heard from Berkeley, but it was still tense waiting for their decision.

This group is the third group of transfers I've watched (I watched the year before me, my year last year, and now you guys), and for the UC's there does seem to be a general pattern. Generally UCSC is the first school bacK, in early March. All of the other UC's tend to come at the end of March and very begining of April.

*man was that week soooo tense!! what school do you go to, allena?
    Are any of you CCC students applying to CAL and UCLA, also applying to other top tier universities? Maybe even HYPSM? I'm just curious...
  • allenaallena Registered User Posts: 1,716 Senior Member
    Cal_girl_21, I'm at UCLA now and loving it. I'm just now starting to think about having to go through the admissions process again later this year for law school. That's the biggest problem with being a transfer student, it feels like you're always going through the admissions process.

CardinalFocused, last year I had actually thought about applying to Cornell (and thought I had a decent chance of getting in), but decided against it due to the cost. I also went as far to start the application for Harvard, but decided against finshing it due to low SAT scores.
    The Berkeley login and update form is up!
    WTH...the UCs have separate update forms?!?!?!?!

Elaborate someone....!
  • futebolistafutebolista Registered User Posts: 332 Member
    I think it's only Cal...it has its own update form apart from the rest...
This discussion has been closed.