Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UC decision dates...

1308309310311312314»

Replies to: UC decision dates...

• TorrancecaliTorrancecali Registered User Posts: 2,152 Senior Member
    rshaan- There is no way that you will get rejected fromUCLA... your in!
  • AllyGOAllyGO Registered User Posts: 137 Junior Member
    This woman from the UCLA table at the Pasadena City College College Fair told me that UCLA decisions will be between april 15-may 15. I don't believe her...
  • kevintechkevintech Registered User Posts: 1,210 Senior Member
    For those with TAP, if you have the GPA with prereqs done with IGETC completed, you don't have much to worry about when UCLA comes into mind. Quote me on that!
  • jonnyBRAVOjonnyBRAVO Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    smc/el camino college

3.6 GPA (global studies/ interdisciplinary studies)
    Tap Certified for UCLA
    80 units after this semester
    alpha gamma sigma
    honors program
    aso
    lots of community service
    have studied abroad
    4.0 in my major prereqs

Will the fact I have gotten a 4.0 in the last 35 units I have taken help me?
    I also retook the only class I got a C in and got an A even though they do not give me credit for it. In addition, I have a very good reason I did poorly in one of my early semesters which I explained in my essay. I feel my improvement of obtaining straight A's for this amount of time should exemplify the fact that I have grown as a student ect. ect.
    side note: (average accepted gpa into global studies is only a 3.48)
  • Thedude44Thedude44 Registered User Posts: 1,238 Senior Member
    Really you should not have a problem getting into UCLA. You are above the average GPA admit rate, you have good EC's, study abroad is great considering you want to major in global studies. You have gotten A's in all your prereqs. And they do take grade trends in consideration so that will help you out a little. Of course the big thing is TAP. I would say you have an excellent shot at getting into UCLA as long as you finished your major prerequisites.
  • jonnyBRAVOjonnyBRAVO Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Has anyone been accepted as a transfer to UCLA or Berkeley yet? I know the decisions do not officially come out for a weeks but just wondering if it might possibly be soon. I got accepted by ucsd a few days ago but really want ucla or berkeley
  • ksbr27ksbr27 Registered User Posts: 750 Member
    berkeley decisions won't be released until "evening" of april 30. no one will hear until then.

for UCLA it's all speculation but mid-late april is when people will be hearing.
This discussion has been closed.