Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

UC-M classes?

emprexemprex Registered User Posts: 721 Member
edited August 2012 in UC Transfers
I'm applying to UCD, UCSB, and UCR. For UCD I can have math classes done by Spring so I am not worried. For UCR and UCSB, the matrix says to have UC-M classes finished by Fall 2012 for F2013 TAG.

Here is the exact quote
Complete the required courses in English composition (two courses designated as UC-E on the UC-Transferable Course
Agreement) and mathematics (one course designated as UC-M on the UC-Transferable Course Agreement) with C grades or
better by the end of fall 2012 for fall 2013 admission.

On my TAG application it says UC Area 'M' for Statistics and a College Algebra class I took well over a year ago. Does this mean these two qualify for this requirement? UCSB also says I have to have one stats class and one calc class for admission to this major on Assist. It doesn't state if I have to have it done by Fall 2012 though so does this mean I can take calc SP2013? Last question, worst case scenario that I don't meed these requirements for TAG, can I still apply for normal admission w/o tag? My counselor is out of contact until Sep 13 and I've emailed both UCR/UCSB asking and they seem to be pretty busy as I haven't had any email back in about a week. Thank you in advance for any help.
Post edited by emprex on

Replies to: UC-M classes?

• larinagalarinaga Registered User Posts: 556 Member
    Just to be clear, you can TAG to only ONE UC.

You've completed your minimum math requirement for admission to the UCs. You need to complete a Calculus course by the end of the Spring 13 (you'll input it as "Planned" for your TAG) for admission into UCSB's Econ/Accounting major (sounds like you're applying to it) in order to be considered for the major.

Yes, you can still apply as a non-TAG applicant in November.
  • emprexemprex Registered User Posts: 721 Member
    Thank you! I haven't decided which one I will TAG to but was factoring in the pre-reqs for the decision. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.