Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Major Prereqs UC/CSU

slowisfastslowisfast Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 2012 in UC Transfers
Hi CC. I am a third year California Community College student attending a CC in so-cal. Up until now I had no idea of what I wanted to major in, so I primarily focused on completing the IGETC. Fortunately, I didn't have too much trouble getting GE courses and I am now 90% complete with the IGETC, all I need is two more courses.

Now for some basic info: Overall I have completed 50 transferrable units, none really for my major. Currently I am taking 16 units or four courses with two of those courses being pre-reqs for my major: Economics/Accounting.

What I do know is that to remain competitive the majority-- if not all--of the UC's want you to have all the major pre-reqs completed by the time you apply. With that said, I was considering waiting until fall 2013 to apply to the UCs. So my question is how do the CSU's, primarily the following: CSUF, Cal Poly Pomona, CSULB and SJSU, look at pre-req completion when looking at applications?

Stats:
50 transferrable units
Just started on completing the major pre-reqs
3.46 GPA; upward trend
No extra-curricular activities
Post edited by slowisfast on

Replies to: Major Prereqs UC/CSU

• LAforlifeLAforlife Registered User Posts: 1,102 Senior Member
    Your GPA is definitely good enough for a mid-tier UC. If you take many of your pre-reqs this Fall, you may want to consider applying this year.
This discussion has been closed.