Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

FALL 2017 UCLA OFFICIAL TRANSFER THREAD

1310311312313314316»

Replies to: FALL 2017 UCLA OFFICIAL TRANSFER THREAD

• mochikomochiko Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    what is the family week 10/20/17-10/22/17? My family is supposed to stay 3 days? Is there any fee?
  • luciddaylucidday Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    so wait is financial aid disbursement 10 days before the 20th(bruinbill due) or 10 days before the 25th( quarter begins)? I've heard both but from students, and not the website.
  • luciddaylucidday Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    @lucidday I'm going to answer my own question in case another person is worried or missed the info like I did. In frequently asked questions it says, "Financial Aid for Fall Quarter 2017 is scheduled to disburse on the evening of 9/18/2017."
  • TransferMeToUCTransferMeToUC Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    is completing the physics series required for admission to UCLA for CS?
  • JC2017JC2017 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    @TransferMeToUC yes, you must complete the calculus base physics series for CS. In fact, I think every major at the school of engineering requires you finish the series.
  • Tik1127Tik1127 Registered User Posts: 374 Member
    For some of you, today is the first day of class. Enjoy your time at UCLA and you'll see how much you miss it when it is all over. :-/

• Kfran12Kfran12 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Hey everyone, can someone please chance me

I don't know if I'll be able to go to make it or not
    typically My story I have had some problems with sexual /verbal abuse caused by my close friend who was my cousin around high school and lost my personal drive until the start of winter quarter of my college quarter and I basically became my own counselor and sought for help and I turned it around by regaining my drive and got good grades and strived to be the first to apply to a UC along with taking UCLA courses and passed Statistics and Anthropology(which is my major) and achieving straight A's by the end of fall along with finishing my IGETC and my pre-requisites. and I am planning to put it in my personal statement

CCC from Citrus College
    Major: Anthropology B.A
    GPA: 3.0-3.28 by the end of fall grades
    IGETC/Pre-requisites: Done: 3/3
    Tap: no
    Rising grade trend from high school with a 2.4-2.5 and my Gpa changed from college to a 3.2 and planning for straight A's my fall quarter

EC:
    -I work part-time for a family owned business

- I play intramural basketball for my father's team,

-I Volunteer at the Ronald Reagan medical center as a patient transport,

-Since my freshmen year, After Typhoon Haiyan winter/summer, I organized a distribution to the victims, with necessities like clothes, food, medical kits and flew to aid in relief since then,

- I created my own personal volunteer work, on weekends I organized/hosted free basketball practice for those who could not afford it and I taught them to what I learned from numerous camps

-I am part of My schools' Anthropology club and we participate in numerous fundraisers for volunteer opportunities

Schools: UCLA, UCR, UCI and UCSC

typically My story I have had some problems with sexual /verbal abuse caused by my close friend who was my cousin around high school and lost my personal drive until the start of winter quarter of my college quarter and I basically became my own counselor and sought for help and I turned it around by regaining my drive and got good grades and strived to be the first to apply to a UC along with taking UCLA courses and passed Statistics and Anthropology(which is my major) and achieving straight A's by the end of fall along with finishing my IGETC and my pre-requisites. and I am planning to put it in my personal statement

CCC from Citrus College
    Rising grade trend from high school with a 2.4-2.5 and my Gpa changed from college to a 3.2 and planning for straight A's my fall quarter

EC:

-Since my freshmen year, After Typhoon Haiyan winter/summer, I organized a distribution to the victims, with necessities like clothes, food, medical kits and flew to aid in relief since then,

- I created my own personal volunteer work, on weekends I organized/hosted free basketball practice for those who could not afford it and I taught them to what I learned from numerous camps

-I am part of My schools' Anthropology club and we participate in numerous fundraisers for volunteer opportunities

CCC from Citrus College

EC:

• alexj31alexj31 Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    ok so because i had a lot of ap credit and i took some cc classes in high school, i am only attending cc for 1 year before i transfer as a political science major. i really want to double major in international development and im wondering how long this would take. i looked at major requirements and there are a few that overlap. so would it take me 2, 2 and a half, 3 years? i really dont mind attending college longer because even if i take 3 years after cc ill still graduate when im just 21.