Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
futbolfanatic10futbolfanatic10 Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
Hi there guys,

I will be applying to a few UC's and CSU's this fall (CS major). But i'm concerned about the 6 W's i have on my transcript.About 3-4 came during my first year in CC which was a horrible year as i fooled around without taking academics seriously and along with that i serious medical issues the second semester. My first year gpa was a
2.23 but over the past 1.5 year(s) i worked my way up to a 3.28 gpa (hopefully more by the end of this semester). And have a B average in my CS classes and Calc 1 class. 2 of these W's are mainly in general Ed classes the other 3 in chem which i think is not required for admission towards UCSC's CS program. I wanted to know how much will these affect my admission chances towards the colleges I'm applying to?Mainly UC santa cruz (but also csu LB, UC davis , csu northridge, UCR). How much does this really affect my transfer and Will me explaining my horrible first year and upward gpa trend help on my personal statement ?

Thank you.

Replies to: W's

This discussion has been closed.