Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Too many credits >>> can't apply to UC transfer??? (unit cap??)

2»

Replies to: Too many credits >>> can't apply to UC transfer??? (unit cap??)

• ekakcofekakcof Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 5
    @SculptorDad I just found an information about course numbering (by searching on Google):
    100-299: Undergraduate, reflects the first and second year of study.
    300-499: Undergraduate, generally third & fourth year of study
    500-599: Undergrad/Grad
    600+: Graduate

And all courses I took in freshman year are between 100-199.
    That course numbering sheet does not specifically mention about "lower-divison" or "upper-division," but since it says 100-299 reflects the first & second year of study, I guess it's LD?
  • SculptorDadSculptorDad Registered User Posts: 1,806 Senior Member
    The numbering is different in each state / college district. But It looks like all your courses are LD.
  • Ohm888Ohm888 Registered User Posts: 796 Member
    edited September 5
    They definitely sound like LD. All transcripts have notations at the bottom of the page explaining the number system in order to guide other schools in calculations, with the breakdown similar to what sculptor dad said.

What college are you talking about?
  • mikemacmikemac Registered User Posts: 9,551 Senior Member
    edited September 6
    I talked about that the courses from my previous school were lower-division courses, but she said I should still be aware of the unit cap.
    Run, don't walk, away from this counselor. Anyone who doesn't understand such a simple point shouldn't be trusted to give advice on anything else.
  • SculptorDadSculptorDad Registered User Posts: 1,806 Senior Member
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 62,990 Senior Member
    Not every college uses the terminology "lower division" versus "upper division".

But the course numbering system described in reply #16 suggests that courses numbered 100-299 at that school would be the equivalent of "lower division" (frosh and soph level).
2»