Transfer Help: CC to CSU to UC...?
Hi, sorry to bother you guys. I should probably see an academic counselor soon but here I am...
I was a CC student for a few years due to changing my major so many times; I've changed it from Biology to English to International Studies. It took me a long time to discover my passion for languages and cultures.
When I applied for colleges last year, I only applied to CSU's because I didn't feel the need to attend a UC for an International Studies degree. I was thinking that I would probably just work as a reference librarian after graduation. Thus I decided to accept CSU East Bay's admission because they seemed to have a good International Studies program and the school is nearby. I'm also really interested in studying abroad (which is one of the program requirements!) and I figured that if I saved money by commuting to CSUEB, I could study abroad.
However, after working at a library part-time while going to school, I realized that I wouldn't really want to work at a library until I'm much older and settled down. I feel like I would like to do a lot of things in the future and I feel like going to a UC would give me more opportunities than a CSU. (I know MANY successful people who went to a CSU and they're actually more successful than many UC graduates, but I was thinking...what if I wanted to go to graduate school? What if I wanted to change my career path? My anthropology teacher told me that it would be much easier to change career paths if I went to a UC, but please correct me if I'm wrong!!!)
Additionally, after arguing with my parents for a long time, I was forced to admit to myself that I actually want to go to a UC. I'm an indecisive person and I'm always changing my mind about things. I love this major (I love cultures and languages) so I definitely won't change it, but I think I rather study International Studies at UC Irvine instead of CSUEB.
I'm transferring to CSUEB this quarter and so this is super last minute to think about. I haven't even started classes there yet so perhaps I'm just being paranoid and I'll receive a high-quality education there, but I don't know yet.
1.) Of course, I think the logical thing to do would be to just stick with CSUEB.
2.) I was thinking that perhaps I could drop out of CSUEB and TAG UCI for next Fall if I REALLY want to go to UCI...
3.) But I was looking through forums on this website and saw that you can still be considered a CC transfer applicant as long as most of your units are from a CC and you have less than 30 units from a CSU. Is that true? I haven't started classes at CSUEB yet so I was hoping that perhaps I could take a few language courses at CSUEB, TAG UCI for next year as a CC applicant, and then transfer to UCI next year? I wonder if that would be possible.
This is very long and really just me rambling about stupid stuff. I'm so sorry to anyone who took the time to read all of this, but thank you very much for reading through it!! I've been feeling really anxious about this for a long time and I didn't want to go to a CSUEB counselor when I didn't even start school there yet and start talking about transferring to a UC.
Thank you so much for your time.