right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UCSD Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

Replies to: UCSD Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

• Ace_Is_My_HikingPuppyAce_Is_My_HikingPuppy 34 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @TatianaF Mine looked as if someone had already opened it as well. One of the taped sides were even ripped.
    · Reply · Share
  • Destined00Destined00 11 replies0 threads New Member
    @TatianaF Same one of the tapes on the top ripped. I don’t think anything was taken as it’s just the acceptance letter, certificate, brochure and badge.
    · Reply · Share
  • LaauureenxLaauureenx 3 replies1 threads New Member
    Hi guys! I am having a hard time making up my mind by either going to UCSD, UCSB, or CSULB. I know I should not look at just going to a CSU or UC to flex because I don't like it when others look down on people who attend CSUs and whatnot. I got looked down for attending a CC, so it impacted my self-confidence a bit.
    At UCSD, I applied as a Microbio major, but I plan to change it to molecular and cell biology once I am there. At UCSB, I got in as a Biological Science major, and for CSULB: Molecular Biology & Physiology. I plan to go into the medical field by trying to go to PA school. I finished all the IGETC, but did not finish the major prep (the 2 physics courses and the second Organic Chemistry course). I listed out an average of how many classes I would need to take once I'm at the school of my choice and at UCSD, I have to take~19 courses, UCSB: 20 courses, CSULB: ~17 courses, for my major. I also listed out the pros and cons because when I visited UCSB twice, I realized there weren't too many medical opportunities, such as not having their own hospital like UCSD, and it was basically just the beach that was nearby. I do plan to go back to UCSB this weekend to talk to the counselors and advisors to see how many students were able to receive many medical opportunities there. I remember two graduating students at UCSB were in my Biology class and they told me they weren't able to get into PA school, so they came back home to attend a CC and gain more patient care experience. I haven't visited UCSD yet, but I'll be going there next weekend for their Triton day, but I am familiar with the area, since I like to go to LED events in SD. I have many close friends going to UCSD, and they are a lot smarter than me, so I'm afraid that I am not good enough when I overthink it. They told me that they can help me, which I am very grateful for, but, nevertheless, I am willing to put in more effort if I do go there. At CSULB, I have two close friends, but both of them aren't gaining any patient care experiences yet, and I do know they have a VA hospital there, but it seems to have limited spots. I wish CSULB had their own welcome day, so I can learn more about their science programs and see what internships and clubs they have, but they only have their orientation for students who already SIR'd to the college. I do know that for one of the PA schools in orange county, they take in special consideration for students who attend CSULB, but I know that it obviously doesn't guarantee a spot for an interview. Please let me know what you think!
    · Reply · Share
  • kristinpetekristinpete 404 replies7 threads Member
    @ucdochopeful2k19 You should do their summer bridge to research program
    · Reply · Share
  • sagaciousforeversagaciousforever 927 replies0 threads Member
    edited April 2019
    Does anyone has an UCSD admission email address (for admitted students preferably) that I can contact? I want to email them regarding missing prereqs. I got admitted without finishing all the prereqs.

I sent an email to [email protected] yesterday and have not gotten any response yet.

Thanks!
    edited April 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • RosekkRosekk 80 replies2 threads Junior Member
    @keppprol you can actually find out if you really wanted to! You have the right to request your admission file and you’ll be able to see their notes on your application. The link I’m going to attach is for NYU, but you can also just copy and paste the letter to send to UCSD. https://nyulocal.com/a-step-by-step-guide-to-getting-access-to-your-nyu-admissions-records-d06c57a4b9ac
    · Reply · Share
  • Tiredwaiting2019Tiredwaiting2019 26 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @sagaciousforever I would call the admissions office directly.
    · Reply · Share
    @catransplant mine is Roosevelt. The orientation is 1 day, and you get to pick which day you go. I can’t find where I saw that transfers don’t register that day but I know I read it somewhere. It didn’t say when transfers register, just that it’s done online.
    · Reply · Share
  • TsumugukiharaTsumugukihara 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Have there been any rejections? I haven't seen any and I'm beginning to worry that they made a mistake with the acceptances. Is there any way to tell?
    · Reply · Share
  • whatamidoing124whatamidoing124 3 replies0 threads New Member
    hey guys, so i got the little acceptance packet in the mail but i just received the acceptance letter, certificate, and crown? what is the badge like?
    · Reply · Share
  • IBkidonthestreetIBkidonthestreet 163 replies8 threads Junior Member
    @Tiredwaiting2019 where did you hear about the orientation? I'm also in Roosevelt but I've only received a greeting email from the college.
    · Reply · Share
    I found it on the college website http://roosevelt.ucsd.edu/ and then Student Life at the top and the New Student Orientation.
    · Reply · Share
  • selfconfidentgalselfconfidentgal 128 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @ucdochopeful2k19 Hey! I'm currently a second year at UCR, but I will be transferring to UCSD this fall. If you have any questions about the school/location in general, I'd be happy to help!
    · Reply · Share
  • CAtransplantCAtransplant 860 replies15 threads Member
    edited April 2019
    @Tsumugukihara yes there have been rejections - on Friday April 26 around 4 p.m the decisions came out and people were posting quickly but I am sure I saw some rejections, and definitely some wait lists.

@Tiredwaiting2019 ok, thanks.
    edited April 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • TatianaFTatianaF 185 replies1 threads Junior Member
    ....theres a badge?....looks like mine was either taken or fallen out in the mailing process. Ugh
    · Reply · Share
  • CAtransplantCAtransplant 860 replies15 threads Member
    edited April 2019
    the badge is just a little plastic thing in the blue and yellow colors the size that would fit in a sleeve you hang from a lanyard. My daughters was kind of affixed to the inside of the envelope so it kind of blends in with the envelope. It has a crown shape on the top and says I'm a Triton.
    edited April 2019
    · Reply · Share
    Does anyone has an UCSD admission email address (for admitted students preferably) that I can contact? I want to email them regarding missing prereqs. I got admitted without finishing all the prereqs.

I sent an email to [email protected] yesterday and have not gotten any response yet.

Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
    @sagaciousforever I would call the Admissions office and speak to someone directly either or ask them for an email address that you can send your question to.
    · Reply · Share
    edited April 2019
    @Tiredwaiting2019 Thanks you!

I just realized that you responded me previously but I did not notice since there were too many messages and notifications.
    edited April 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • anthro101anthro101 60 replies3 threads Junior Member
    bad news. just called the scholarship office and the guy say they don’t have enough funding this year for transfer regent scholarships :(
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity