right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Personal Insight questions

kbeautyaddictkbeautyaddict 1 replies3 threads New Member
Hey, so I’ve applied for UCSC fall of 2019, but got denied for admission. I’m planning to apply again in the winter of 2020, I was wondering if it’s okay if we use the same personal insight answers in our new applications or if we should rewrite it.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Personal Insight questions

• AnastasiaSSAnastasiaSS 2 replies0 threads New Member
    If you were denied an admission, you should first of all find out a precise reason for that. You need to better this application requirement so that your position in 2020 improves. Of course, you do not have to use the same personal insight answers in a new application. Admission office would love to observe your progress and advancement you achieved during a year while reviewing your application. So, even in your personal insight answers you have to show how you managed to grow. Yet, your new answers should not contravene your previous ones.
    · Reply · Share
  • Ohm888Ohm888 Forum Champion UC Transfers 2889 replies70 threads Forum Champion
    That’s exactly what I was thinking. You need to be bringing more to the party and I would assume just switching up your PIs won’t really cut it. Get an internship, add more major-related classes. And yes - find out why you didn’t get in. If you didn’t get admitted anywhere it could be you’re missing a key part.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity