right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

UC AP Credit

BezzuzBezzuz 19 replies7 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
Hello, I have already applied to transfer to UCR for Winter 2020, and have been stressing out about my total unit count. I have over 60+ units in CSU requirements but only have 56 in UC general eds, I took AP English literature in High School and Passed the test with a 3. Many people have told me different things. I want to know if it works 3 units, 4 units, or 5.3 units? Has anyone experienced this problem before?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UC AP Credit

• ProfessorPlum168ProfessorPlum168 3987 replies86 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited August 23
    You get 8 quarter units but most likely these are null units. Meaning that you probably (re)took a couple of English classes at your CSU which would void or null out the credits from your AP class. So assuming that you took two English reading and comprehension classes in your CSU, you would get 0 credits for your AP class.
    edited August 23
    · Reply · Share
  • mikemacmikemac 10307 replies150 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited August 24
    according to https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/exam-credit/ap-credits/ it is worth 5.3 semester units (equal to 8 quarter units). As pointed out, if credit for classes you've taken in college overlaps then you only get to use the credits once. If you are at a CCC then you can look up the credits for the classes you've taken on ASSIST or meet with a xfer counselor. In order to be even eligible for xfer admission as a junior you must have 60 UC transferable semester units.
    edited August 24
    · Reply · Share