right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UC IRVINE FALL 2020 TRANSFER WAITLIST THREAD

icantCsharpicantCsharp 44 replies1 threads Junior Member
edited April 22 in UC Transfers
For y'all who want to transfer to UCI, but are on the waitlist :)
edited April 22
142 replies
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UC IRVINE FALL 2020 TRANSFER WAITLIST THREAD

• icantCsharpicantCsharp 44 replies1 threads Junior Member
    edited April 22
    I'm a computer science major transferring from a community college. UC Irvine is my dream school and I got on the waitlist yesterday. For now, I'll be attending Cal Poly Pomona and go through the admissions process there as I wait to hear back from UCI. Fingers crossed that there will be spots open at UCI !
    edited April 22
    · Reply · Share
  • transfer20199transfer20199 20 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Psychology major also transferring from a California community college! Waitlisted on Monday 04/20. As of now, I plan to commit to UC Riverside until we hear back!
    · Reply · Share
  • transfer20199transfer20199 20 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I've already seen others saying they'll be turning down UCI for their school of choice, so there's bound to be some spots eventually : ) positive mindset woohoooo
    · Reply · Share
  • fsyed123fsyed123 12 replies0 threads New Member
    GPA: 3.71
    Major: Computer Science (Non Tag, Non Honors)
    Alternate Major: Computer Game Science
    ECs: Full-time job as a software developer

Applied: UCI, UCSD, UCLA, UCB, UCSB
    Rejected: UCB, UCSB, UCLA (missing physics/math major pre-reqs for these)
    Waitlisted: UCI, UCSD (UCSD major is comp sci, alternate is data science)
    Accepted: None
    · Reply · Share
  • ferny00000ferny00000 5 replies0 threads New Member
    I'm a psychological science major transferring from a CCC in the fall. Was waitlisted last Monday and I plan to commit to UCR (Sociology) for now. I was talking to a counselor at my school and she was told that UCI would be accepting more people on the waitlist this year due to Covid-19.
    · Reply · Share
  • daangitstahmeedaangitstahmee 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I'm a political science major transferring from a CC! I got waitlisted on 4/22 and as of right now, I am committed to Cal State Long Beach for now until I get a response. I hope that I'll get in!
    · Reply · Share
  • loverofstitchloverofstitch 59 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Social policy and public service major
    Waitlisted 04/20
    Transfer from UC Riverside

Praying I get admitted! Good luck to you all!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • eurekamineurekamin 3 replies0 threads New Member
    I’m a business major transferring from CCC. I got waitlisted 4/20 and will be committing to UCSB unless I get off the waitlist for UCI. Hope we all get in guys!
    · Reply · Share
  • transferbatransferba 29 replies0 threads Junior Member
    hi yall! ive been super anxious about waiting to get off the waitlist, UCI has been my lowkey dream school since middle school lol and haven't SIR to any school yet with the hopes of hearing back soon! but if I do SIR it will be to UCR. Anyways I got waitlisted 4/20. I'm a sociology major, transferring from a CC. praying we all get admitted, good luck!!
    · Reply · Share
  • 182cookie182cookie 9 replies1 threads New Member
    Hey everyone! I'm an intercampus transfer from UCSC, I committed to UCR for now but still waiting to see if I get off the waitlist at UCI or UCLA. I applied for biological sciences at UCI and physiological science at LA. Hoping we hear back within the next months!
    · Reply · Share
  • zeeer0zeeer0 5 replies0 threads New Member
    CC transfer here. Waitlisted for business admin on 4/20. Got an email yesterday telling me to SIR, but when I checked the portal nothing new showed up. Checked again today and I was accepted. 3.63 GPA at the time I applied. Finally a school choice I'm excited about :smile:
    · Reply · Share
  • eurekamineurekamin 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Just got an email today at 4:20PM saying my application was updated and I checked the portal to see that I was accepted for Business Admin! Hope everyone else gets in as well!!
    · Reply · Share
  • kanaomarronskanaomarrons 23 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I just wonder, did anyone who got off the waitlist already opt-in?
    · Reply · Share
    edited May 7
    Welcome everyone! I've heard that plenty of freshman applicants got off the wait list and were admitted recently. I hope the same goes for us transfer students next month! Good luck everyone!
    edited May 7
    · Reply · Share
    I've already seen others saying they'll be turning down UCI for their school of choice, so there's bound to be some spots eventually : ) positive mindset woohoooo

Hi! Thank you so much for mentioning this thread on the Fall 2020 transfer thread! I really hope we get in! :)
    · Reply · Share
    eurekamin wrote: »
    Just got an email today at 4:20PM saying my application was updated and I checked the portal to see that I was accepted for Business Admin! Hope everyone else gets in as well!!

Congratulations! So excited for you! :)
    · Reply · Share
    zeeer0 wrote: »
    CC transfer here. Waitlisted for business admin on 4/20. Got an email yesterday telling me to SIR, but when I checked the portal nothing new showed up. Checked again today and I was accepted. 3.63 GPA at the time I applied. Finally a school choice I'm excited about :smile:

Congratulations!! 🎉🎉
    · Reply · Share
  • ChipsSsChipsSs 9 replies1 threads New Member
    Let's say I accept an offer on May 29th from another UC and UCI accepts me late June. Would I still be able to go to UCI or am I forced to go to another UC?
    · Reply · Share
  • Grinder1212Grinder1212 42 replies6 threads Junior Member
    @ChipsSs yes you can decline your SIR at the UC that u got into and then accept UCI's offer
    · Reply · Share
  • loverofstitchloverofstitch 59 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Anyone else super anxious? I really hope they send out waitlist admissions by the end of this month like they did for last year's transfers.
    · Reply · Share