right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Spain? Italy? Hawaii? Where do you want to travel WHILE getting college credit? REGISTER NOW for a virtual College Fair on Sept. 29!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

uc transfer to UCSD- mol bio

UCquestionss887UCquestionss887 0 replies3 threads New Member
edited August 4 in UC Transfers
My question is regarding UCSD which is my dream school so I really need to know if I have a chance to transfer there next year. I am majoring in molecular biology:
I am currently in a community college however, I started my first year very poorly due to family and health issues that happened that year. I got 2 F's... 4 D's.... 3 C's and 4 W's in my transcript. I am doing really good right now and getting full A's and B's. I completed my major courses with A's and B's , my math courses with A's and B's and I repeated the electives which I got D's and F's and finished them with A's. My gpa is going to be a 3.7 and I am a very active student involved in many activities and have been for many years now. This is my second year and I am going to transfer next year. I know I messed up very badly and I am not sure if they would care if I made up those poor grades and replaced them with A's. I am very worried that the beginning of my transcript looks horrible and if that would cause them to not enroll me compared to other students who have perfect and clean transcripts. I really need your professional advice please help me out with what you can so I know what to expect. Thank you for your time.
Today at 3:34 am
0 replies
edited August 4
0 replies
Post edited by Ohm888 on
· Reply · Share