right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

UC Irvine Fall 2021 Transfer Thread

BobateaaBobateaa 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited September 4 in UC Transfers
Hello I'm currently in my second year at cc and I'm filling out my TAG application for UCI fall 2021 and I just wanted to ask what are my chances of getting in.
Preqs: done
IGETC: done
60 units: done
Gpa: currently 3.8
Sociology major!
Also does anyone know if I have to take calc. Even though on assist it is a requirement alongside stats. UCI is the only school that requires calc as a prerequisite which is odd for a sociology major no?
edited September 4
2 replies
Post edited by Ohm888 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UC Irvine Fall 2021 Transfer Thread

• thaoz1thaoz1 16 replies27 threads Junior Member
    not sure about the question about calc but I would take it just in case. Also I love your username LOL
    · Reply · Share
  • desolivadesoliva 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I'm applying to transfer to UCI for fall 2021 from my CC I'm so so so nervous because I honestly don't want to go anywhere else. I'm a drama major and I have really strong essays I've been involved in ALOT at school, volunteer work will have finished my. Gen-Ed by the end of this semester (fall2020) and have 2 AA's but I'm just worried about my Gpa it's only at 3.0 and my transcript looks so ugly but I've retaken classes that I needed to with at least a B but just worried about the appearance of my Transcript and that my GPA isnt high enough.
    · Reply · Share