Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I wonder what is going to happen to these people

luvtoolearnluvtoolearn Registered User Posts: 908 Member
edited July 2007 in UC Transfers
Hey guys, I'm sure some of you seen this on the news...kinda irritating when hard working people get denied acceptance to a UC & these fools get in....I wonder what is going to happen now that they are already in the UC system?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/24/BAG52R64S755.DTL&tsp=1
Post edited by luvtoolearn on

Replies to: I wonder what is going to happen to these people

• ca_mom2000ca_mom2000 Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    I don't know what will happen to those who are already going to other schools, but according to an article in my local paper they are looking at student who were accepted for Fall 2007 and will pull back their acceptances if they find any violations.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_6458697?nclick_check=1
  • academic08academic08 Registered User Posts: 264 Junior Member
    i dont know but they're a disgrace, i hope they end up homeless. i'm not angry or hateful, i just believe in justice. they cheated the system and brought shame to a great community college. They make people's hard earned A's become meaningless.
  • LaxAttack09LaxAttack09 - Posts: 2,183 Senior Member
    changing grades = homeless

"justice"
  • mylifeisover23mylifeisover23 Registered User Posts: 627 Member
    kinda sad but i'm sure this happens at all the schools
  • luvtoolearnluvtoolearn Registered User Posts: 908 Member
    I don't know about that...not very many schools give student employees access to systems w/ grades on them..They said that 100 people had access so they changed the policy.
  • mylifeisover23mylifeisover23 Registered User Posts: 627 Member
    oh, i was under the impression that they changed them using another persons computer that had access

well thats what i read a few months ago about this case
    its "justice" in my eyes, so hush.
    after all, its CC, you have to expect that some lazy slackers will find a way to avoid work and cheat. its what they do best.
  • mobilemayhemmobilemayhem Registered User Posts: 240 Junior Member
    it's called karma. If they didn't get good grades with their lower division classes they won't survive in the more higher level classes. In a way they have screwed themselves over.
  • DoryxDoryx Registered User Posts: 461 Member
    Idiots, they got greedy. If they just changed their own grades and not took money from other people, i bet they could have gotten away with it and be in UCLA.
    lol doryx misses the point or is of their kind!
    I agree with doryx, furthermore who switches their classes to strait A's then trys to get into UCLA? I'm going there, I love the place, but if I was rockin strait A's I think I'd try to snag an ivy, stanford or something.
  • luvtoolearnluvtoolearn Registered User Posts: 908 Member
    2 things I was trying to figure out...

-Why did that Martinez guy change his grades from A's to C's & D's? so basically he risked expulsion to appear more stupid?
    -Scoringing straight A's & chosing to go San Francisco State??
    L2L, I think the martinez guy did it because he didn't want it to look like he had strait A's....had to toss in a few bad ones I guess. Personally I say if you're gonna take the risk you should probably go all out and give yourself strait A's.

Kudos on the SFSU comment....
This discussion has been closed.