Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

CCC which one to chose?

The ApproachThe Approach - Posts: 35 Junior Member
edited September 2007 in UC Transfers
Does it matter which CCC you go to. I live right by Canada college (no honors courses), but foothill college (honors program) is a little further, but still managable, but I've heard that they sent a lot of kids on to berkeley and ucla.

Does your CCC matter?
Post edited by The Approach on

Replies to: CCC which one to chose?

• UCLAriUCLAri Registered User Posts: 14,740 Senior Member
    An honors program is always a good hedge. How much further is it?
  • Student5477Student5477 - Posts: 22 New Member
    its about 15 minutes away while the other is literally next to my house.

But the one near my house only grades with solid grades which is good; meanwhile, the further one grades with the +/- system.

What would look better? 4.0 non honors or 3.7-8 with honors...specifically for Haas?
  • CardinalFocusedCardinalFocused Registered User Posts: 2,096 Senior Member
    What would look better? 4.0 non honors or 3.7-8 with honors?

Hm, difficult question. But since both would likely get into UCLA / UCB, I'd say the 4.0 non honors (as he would also get the regents invite).
  • OceanPoet87OceanPoet87 Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    Go with Canada.
  • mylifeisover23mylifeisover23 Registered User Posts: 627 Member
    foothill has TAP so foothill, tap it like a salt shaker
  • tastybeeftastybeef Registered User Posts: 939 Member
    "Hm, difficult question. But since both would likely get into UCLA / UCB, I'd say the 4.0 non honors (as he would also get the regents invite)."

Just for clarification: CCC to UC transfer applicants are eligible to receive the Regent's Scholarship while UC to UC transfer applicants are not?
  • poppin3000poppin3000 Registered User Posts: 798 Member
    if you're close to foothill, then you're not too far from de anza! i'd say go to foothill/ de anza. as mentioned foothill has the tap program. they're also on the quarter system which is nice for getting more courses in per year.
  • oxypunk151oxypunk151 Registered User Posts: 372 Member
    I drive 20-50 minutes to go to De Anza/Foothill opposed to West Valley. I think it is worth it.
  • colegePLEASEcolegePLEASE Registered User Posts: 433 Member
    Foothill and Ca
  • diamondprynzezdiamondprynzez Registered User Posts: 306 Member
    I drove for 50 minutes each way to go to de anza... and it was definitely worth it (ohlone was right near my house). Everyone who attended would tell you it's worth it. Especially if its only a 15 minute drive! And the +/- grading system doesn't really matter... according to a counselor, colleges recognize that grades are highly inflated at schools that don't weigh +/-

Go to Foothill.
  • a89a89 - Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Hmmm, I'm at a CCC to, and the pre-req for Applied Calculus I is only "intermediate algebera," (that's all I've taken and Im also going to take Applid Calc),so I'm assuming thats all you need to know.
  • oxypunk151oxypunk151 Registered User Posts: 372 Member
    Just 85. Last quarter I had a class at 8 at foothill. Due to rush hour I had to leave at 7 to be there time. It seemed like most people I knew commuted as much or more than I did at DeAnza/Foothill.
  • startraksfineststartraksfinest Registered User Posts: 561 Member
    What's so great about De Anza? (Just for curiousity purposes)
  • colegePLEASEcolegePLEASE Registered User Posts: 433 Member
    oxypunk: Ya, I guess that's just living in california. I don't know, I just hate commuting. If it were up to me I wouldn't even have a car.

diamondprynzez: I wouldn't go to Ohlone either. Still, I don't think there is much difference between DeAnza and Foothill.
  • pppeachykeenpppeachykeen Registered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
    hey now, I went to ohlone and it's not bad. I'd say it's pretty good for a science major; the chem and especially physics were HARD, but I really enjoyed the classes and I was pushed to work hard. I had a good experience there.
This discussion has been closed.