Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How many W's you have? effect chance?

Replies to: How many W's you have? effect chance?

• ENHANCEDENHANCED Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    So is there any way to get rid of a W ?
  • TorrancecaliTorrancecali Registered User Posts: 2,152 Senior Member
    no sir! it will stay forever~!
  • chumphreechumphree Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    So if I withdraw from a course I have to retake it?

I'm am REALLYYYY struggling with honors statistics and I want to drop it but I would hate to have to take it over again! Would a UC be okay if I took another math that satisfies the IGETC?

Does it matter if both of my W's are from math classes? (worst subject)...
  • passionatepassionate Registered User Posts: 156 Junior Member
    if math is your worst subject, then why did you decide to take honor statistics? Two Ws from two math classes are not good impression. I assume your major has nothing to do with math, then you still have a chance.
  • dragondawgdragondawg Registered User Posts: 634 Member
    depends on the school, like i didn't want to take the stats for the math department so i took stats for the behavior science department which i think is easier. Unless the math class is required for your major you don't have to retake the w
  • EktaylorEktaylor Registered User Posts: 1,623 Senior Member
    Haha, i'm the same boat chump, got an 86% on my last stats exam --i've been studying 5 hours a day for the last week now.
  • TorrancecaliTorrancecali Registered User Posts: 2,152 Senior Member
    yah im takin stats rite now... itz boring and pain in the ass...
  • dragondawgdragondawg Registered User Posts: 634 Member
    yeah i had a boring teacher
  • chumphreechumphree Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    yeahhhh i know how you feel ektaylor, but I've failed the past two tests... I've studied SO much but for some reason this is a subject I cannot seem to grasp.

I took the class because I need to do 15 units of honors, and stats is 4. I've gotten As in my other math classes before, so I figured it couldn't be THAT much harder.

I was soooo wrong...

So, in conclusion, a W that I will not retake is probably better than the grade I am on track for at this point?

Thanks guys!
  • AdamantineXAdamantineX Registered User Posts: 1,210 Senior Member
    do you go to PCC?if yes, who is your professor?
  • Inquiringmind2Inquiringmind2 Registered User Posts: 623 Member
    Just started reading this thread about W's. I have over 20 units, and 36 W's!! I am doing a TAG transfer to UCD and my TAG counselors has told me repeatedly that Ws don't matter. I have a 4.0 on my Assist transferable classes. In case you are wondering, I am 58 years old and first went to ccc in 1973!
  • Lemaitre1Lemaitre1 Registered User Posts: 1,736 Senior Member
    So you have taken about 40 courses and managed to complete only 5 of them? Everybody says Ws do not hurt you but if there is a point where they start to hurt you, you must be getting pretty close to it.
  • Inquiringmind2Inquiringmind2 Registered User Posts: 623 Member
    Ha, ha, I meant to say that I have over 200 units!
  • xViralxViral Registered User Posts: 324 Member
    This thread was made 4 years ago lol.
  • SH2matheconSH2mathecon Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    Woww! Just came across this thread and saw some interesting stats(19Ws Ucla!!!!), is there any recent admits that can confirm or deny these?!
This discussion has been closed.