Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

UC Transfer FAQ

Replies to: UC Transfer FAQ

• ezcal11ezcal11 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    @gosteelers123abc If you specify in your application that you work full time, maybe in the additional comments section or in your essay briefly, it shouldn't be an issue. (assuming you have all your pre reqs done)
  • avasquez65avasquez65 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Is there a list that GPA by major for UCSB? I know UCLA has one - even if it's a little old that's okay so I can get an idea on what GPA to aim for.
    And another thing: the application filing period for UC for fall of 2018 is in September and by then I should have 24 credits done I should complete my AA degree in History by Summer of 2018. I'm only taking 4 classes a semester to find a job and work part-time. Can I still apply with that low of credits?
  • doihaveashot2016doihaveashot2016 Registered User Posts: 253 Junior Member
    Check this list out https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/transfers-major\\
    And I think you can, so long as you transfer with at least 60 units. It may differ by campus, so you should check. @avasquez65
  • vinram925vinram925 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    So are we not supposed to go over 90 quarter units when transferring. I was planning on taking some summer classes to fulfill my prereqs but i dont wanna do it if Uc's dont want you to have more than 90.
  • doihaveashot2016doihaveashot2016 Registered User Posts: 253 Junior Member
    If you took the units at a CCC the whole time, I think you should be fine.. definitely talk to a counselor and don't take my word for it. @vinram925
  • ccstudent1517ccstudent1517 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    @vinram925 This link should be helpful when it comes to unit cap. http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/transfer/advising/transferring-credits/

They will award you up to 70 semester units or 105 quarter units (NOT including AP/IB credits. Units awarded from those don't go towards that unit cap).
  • Option PeriodOption Period Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Are there any statistics on numbers of spots for Transfer Admission Guarantee applicants vs. others applying from out of state 4 yr. universities? Any known average percentage of seats available for non-ccc transfers?
  • FaithGraceUCFaithGraceUC Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    gosteelers-- Haha I did the exact same thing-- I'm over 60 units and don't see a reason to take more classes, so only taking one pre-req and a fun class this semester.
    I don't know if they will care, but I also work fulltime so I doubt it.
    At a certain point you've done all the work, you know
  • 17ucccccc17ucccccc Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    Im missing like 2 pre reqs from uci as a psychology major, got accepted but did not take their prereq in this semester (spring), will it impact my admission?
  • XionyunaXionyuna Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a question and a story to tell.....Ok so I am an English major. I went to my UC transfer rep at the community college I am attending as she said that she doesn't know if I should apply or not to UC Merced. Its frustrating because I have a 3.6 gpa, 70 units, and almost all my required classes done. I am only missing two English courses (Poetry and I think Shakespeare) and I was planning on filling out the application for the Spring of 2018....but that means I would have to graduate from the community college I am at now. That would be no problem if I wasn't on financial aid because in order for me to get financial aid i have to put down a school i will be attending. The problem is if I don't get accepted from the UC Merced then I will stay at the community college without any financial aid....what should I do? Should I chance filling out my application for the Spring of 2018? Or should I wait till the Fall of 2018?
  • falcon407falcon407 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 28
    I'm a UC transfer that got accepted to UCD next year. Unfortunately, I'm going on a medical leave and will have to withdrawal from the 3 classes I am taking this quarter. Without these classes, I won't have completed my GE's in time.

Will UC Davis rescind my admission? Should I mention why I am on medical leave?

I've completed the pre-reqs for the major already. I had a 3.1 gpa, so I think I got in based on my essays and extra-curriculars.
  • Happy2HelpHappy2Help Registered User Posts: 1,219 Senior Member
    @falcon407 you'll have to contact UCD and let them know what's happening, and be prepard to provide your evidence.
  • LittleCatSwaggLittleCatSwagg Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    Hi guys, I am going to attend a CC for the 2 years. Does high school GPA have any affect in their decisions? I have a 3.8 GPA unweighted coming out of high school, I just want to know for the future. I am biology major
  • Happy2HelpHappy2Help Registered User Posts: 1,219 Senior Member
    No. You'll learn all about this at your CC.
  • TayDeeTayDee Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    So I transfered from a CC with 100+ units as a computer science major. Currently I'm at Cal State Long Beach, and by the time next fall comes around I will have completed about 30 units. I was wondering if it was possible for me to transfer to UCLA from my Cal state with those amount of units? And if so, would the classes I took at Cal State be irrelevant since they won't take all my units?