Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance to be admitted as an out of state applicant

rafaeleorafaeleo Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
edited July 2008 in UC Transfers
I am interested in the architectural studies program in both Berkeley and UCLA, but I began my college life in Texas. I was in a community college in Houston and made 4.0 with 57 semester credits. This fall i'm going to UT Austin(undeclared major in college of natural science) or Texas A&M (freshman environmental degree in college of architecture)(I hvn't decided yet). So am I in disadvantage as I am out of state and in 4-yrs Uni? How about if I stay in cc for one more year? & the CC in CA or just in TX. Thanks so much
Post edited by rafaeleo on

Replies to: Chance to be admitted as an out of state applicant

• xcalibersexcaliberse Registered User Posts: 559 Member
    Right now at your academics, I can guarantee you that you will have a 100 percent chance of not being accepted. Because you did not fulfill the 60 smester unit requirement. Yes they will get nutty about those 3 credits you didnt complete. I suggest taking an easy but helpful class that will earn you an A and earn you knowledge so you can keep that 4.0. And yes, out of state transfer students are at a HUGE advantage, I'd say 50 percent harder.
  • rafaeleorafaeleo Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    so I have to complete that 3 credits when I file the application in November? or I can make it up in this year(i.e. before fall 09) I am going to apply fall 09
    Creds must be finished by the end of spring semester for UCLA and Cal.
  • kmzizzlekmzizzle Registered User Posts: 1,248 Senior Member
    HUGE advantage
    disadvantage* ?
    Yes sorry i meant "Disadvantage"
This discussion has been closed.