Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Junior or Senior??

ch2lach2la Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
edited October 2008 in UC Transfers
I'm planning to apply to Berkeley for Fall 09 as a Mechanical Engineering major.

--> Will have 65 units of transferable courses completed at a community college by this fall 08.
--> I also have 13 units of AP credit, which i think will not be added to the total transferable units as the UC's only give subject credit.
--> Will be transferring to UC Irvine in winter 09 and i'm planning to complete about 11 semester units there in the winter quarter. These mechanical engineering courses that i'm taking are LOWER DIVISION courses that are not offered in community colleges. But UCB considers some of these lower division courses that i'm taking at UCI as upper division.

Will i be considered a senior or a Junior? and will i be given less priority over a ccc student.
Post edited by ch2la on

Replies to: Junior or Senior??

• sleepersleeper Registered User Posts: 233 Junior Member
    We've been down this road before. Please look at your past 32 threads on this.
  • JetForcegeminixJetForcegeminix Registered User Posts: 1,294 Senior Member
    you won't be given CCC priority because the last school you attended prior to admission will not be a CCC.
  • grey_syntacticsgrey_syntactics Registered User Posts: 2,342 Senior Member
    We've been through this. If you turned in your SIR to UCI and plan on attending, you've possibly screwed yourself out of going to Berkeley.
  • ch2lach2la Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    wow whatsup with all the 'we've been through this'.. this is the first time i'm asking this question. I never talked abt transferring in fall in cc.
    So sleeper, if u dont have anything useful to say then please don't take the trouble of answering in my thread.

thanks for your replies, very very very helpful.
  • Malishka31Malishka31 Registered User Posts: 2,971 Senior Member
    junior.

133.5 quarter units is your total, 135 is senior standing.

But you will not get CC priority.
This discussion has been closed.