Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UC to UC Lower Divison Transfer

bbbfbbbf Registered User Posts: 129 Junior Member
edited October 2008 in UC Transfers
Is anyone considering transferring after one year from a UC to another UC? I was planning on waiting until next year (UCSC to UCD), but figured it won't hurt to apply this year..
Post edited by bbbf on

Replies to: UC to UC Lower Divison Transfer

• jarjarfrankjarjarfrank Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    I am. If you came in with enough units and you get be Jr. standing by the end of Spring 09, you are eligible to transfer. Oh also you need to finish all your GEs by the time you transfer as well.
  • bbbfbbbf Registered User Posts: 129 Junior Member
    I thought that a lower division transfer required 60 units< in which you do not need to complete all of your GEs or declare a major..

..no?
    in other words, a sophomore transfer
  • jarjarfrankjarjarfrank Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    Not all UC's accept sophomore transfers I don't think. I know for sure UCB and UCLA for sure only takes Junior Level Transfers.
    yes... I would like to transfer to UCD and they accept lower-division transfers in certain majors (which I'm assuming I could later switch since it would be undeclared)
This discussion has been closed.