Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Hearing their decision (rd)

Replies to: Hearing their decision (rd)

• kendrickgirlkendrickgirl Registered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    yay got in with a 6,600 scholarship :)
  • hopingforbetterhopingforbetter Registered User Posts: 811 Member
    I got rejected! I really thought I'd be accepted..So sad:(
  • BTMellBTMell Registered User Posts: 1,231 Senior Member
    MACLASS - YAY!!!!!

Keep your fingers crossed for my boy. I can't believe I can't look....

Congrats, Kendrickgirl

I'm so sorry, HopingforBetter
    thanks @btmell

@hopingforbetter yeah literally i got waitlisted the other day to another school don't worry. things will turn around. you're gonna get in somewhere :)
  • SerenticSerentic Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    Waitlisted, but with my GPA in the state that it is from my sophomore year, I'm happy and I'll be accepting my place on the list.
  • hopingforbetterhopingforbetter Registered User Posts: 811 Member
    I don't know what's wrong with my application. I got waitlisted by Colby and rejected by Union, Middlebury, UChicago, MIT and Yale-NUS:( This is so discouraging!:( The only ones left are Trinity and Ivies.
    Hopingforbetter - I was rejected by UChicago as well. It's not you, it's the selectivity of the schools. :c
    Hopingforbetter - what Serentic said. All those schools are incredibly competitive - it's not you at all. I'm really sorry you're feeling so discouraged :-(

I still can't look - arghhh!
  • jjul15jjul15 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Accepted with two merit scholarships that add up to almost $30,000 and got into the Union Scholars Program! I'm very excited! Union is definitely one of my top LAC and in my top 5!
    Congratulations, jjul15!

I still haven't looked at my son's portal - this is torture. BUT he just received a big envelope in the mail from Union admissions. Is that a good sign????
  • Sammvp1Sammvp1 Registered User Posts: 175 Junior Member
    BTMell... I'd say he got in.. CONGRATS. Now you just need to wonder what kind of aid he got.
    This is KILLING me - but a promise is a promise. I'll stop whining now ha ha

Thanks! We loved Union when we visited and it felt like a great fit.
  • IBinLuxIBinLux Registered User Posts: 186 Junior Member
    Accepted! With Presidential Scholarship $6,600!!!
    Dual national.
    IB Diploma: Predicted 40/45.
    SAT 1: 1630 (didn't send).
    SAT 2: mid 600s (didn't send)
    Lots of really good extracurriculars (only a few sports)
    Good recommendations
    Great essays
    yeah i got in with a presidential scholarship of 6,600!! i also got the packet in the mail today :)
    Decision: Waitlisted, Biology Major

GPA: 3.2 unweighted, 4.35/5 weighted (It's a long story, explained below)
    SAT 1: 1350/1600, or 2040/2400
    SATII: 650 for Bio, 630 for Math II
    Academics: 8 AP classes total, 2 my junior year -- AP Lang (5) and APUSH (4)
    Extracurriculars:
    -12 years of piano
    - 8 years of violin
    - Tri-M Music Honor Society
    - Winner of several photography and literature awards
    - Youngest head editor to date of my school's literary magazine, several awards won during my position there
    - Varsity debate
    - Varsity tennis team
    - I have a debut EP on iTunes which garnered a little success (enough to fund a full-length album) and a wonderful fanbase
    - I started a successful wedding musician business which has grown to include multiple employees
    - I also work as a tennis coach

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, I'll add that in later in the event I remember.

Awards:
    Z-i-n-c-h Top Student Award ($20,000)
    Z-i-n-c-h Top Fine Arts Award ($500)
    Discus Award ($3000)

Problems:
    My sophomore year and the first half of my senior year I was diagnosed with cancer. Luckily, neither time required chemo. My senior year, a good friend of mine also died of cancer. My freshman year, my grandfather died, and my grandmother died my junior year. I'm adopted, and several weeks ago I discovered and contacted my biological brother. My parents didn't take well to it and it's created a sad rift between us. We didn't get along to begin with, since they also have a biological child that they tend to favor.

I happily accepted my position on the waitlist and updated Union with the goings-on in my life this morning. c:
This discussion has been closed.