Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Hearing their decision (rd)

EDhelp123EDhelp123 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
hey! so i applied to union (ignore my username haha cuz it was RD) and i was wondering, do you guys know how we will hear back? is it by email? by letter? check the website? also, when should we be hearing back?! THANKS!
Post edited by EDhelp123 on

Replies to: Hearing their decision (rd)

• MACLASSOF2013MACLASSOF2013 Registered User Posts: 226 Junior Member
    They will notify on April 1st. I'm not sure whether it will be by mail or portal. I'm thinking portal, if they have designated a specific day.
  • SerenticSerentic Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    I don't remember where, but I could have sworn I heard from Union officially that decisions would be out the morning of the 23rd.
  • BTMellBTMell Registered User Posts: 1,231 Senior Member
    My son received an email saying notifications would be posted to the portal the morning of the 23rd - I think at 9:00 a.m.?
    That would be great if it was definitely 9:00 am. My son may actually get a good night's sleep instead of looking at the portal every hour on the hour during the night.
    My son is in Nicaragua and doesn't return until Saturday night and made me promise to not look. Oy - that will be hard!
    My son has an AP class that is meeting this Saturday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. I told him that I could check the portal and text him but he wants to look first!
    Too bad we don't live closer, Maclass - we could go shopping or skiing or... Anything to keep our minds off it!
  • UnionAdmissionsUnionAdmissions College Rep Posts: 44 Junior Member
    Decisions will be available on the Applicant Portal on 3/23 after the sun comes up. Please don't stay up all night!
    Thanks, UnionAdmissions. I won't be looking until Saturday evening anyway. That will be SO hard to not!
  • SerenticSerentic Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    Awww, thanks, Union! c:

I will most likely be up at the crack of dawn to check, though :c
    Thanks Union Admissions for verifying that the time that the decisions are posted will be during the day on Saturday. I still think that the anticipation will cause some insomnia but perhaps the later time will mean he will get some sleep, as will I. Good luck to everyone!
    My son LOVED Union - I'm crossing my fingers for everyone here!
  • Sammvp1Sammvp1 Registered User Posts: 175 Junior Member
    Accepted! $4,800 merit scholarship. 1940 SAT. Goodluck everyone!
    Good luck everyone! My son's not home until this evening from Nicaragua and made me promise not to check. Arghhhh - this is hard.

Sammvp1 - congratulations!
    Very excited. My son has been accepted. He LOVES Union. Union was very generous in their financial aid package which makes the acceptance even more great. Good luck everyone!
This discussion has been closed.