right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Queen Mary University

kfromgermanykfromgermany 119 replies62 threads Junior Member
Hi there,

I've recently been admitted to Queen Mary University of London. Does anybody here have any experience with their political science major at qmul?
How's life in general at qmul?
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Queen Mary University

• collegemom3717collegemom3717 8376 replies91 threads Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    You'll get more- and better!- feedback on the UK website the student room (all one word). Your fellow first years (2016, b/c UK unis use year of entry, not year of completion) have their own thread on the site, called (creatively) "Queen Mary University 2016"
    edited November 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • kfromgermanykfromgermany 119 replies62 threads Junior Member
    Althoug I guess that's true, I don't want to sign up for another platform. CC is enough, I guess.
    I will apply for some US colleges too, the UK colleges are only my safeties :)
    My next question would be, which one is better, qmul or us colleges like George Washington University, NYU, Southern California, etc.?
    · Reply · Share
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 8376 replies91 threads Senior Member
    By rankings, QMU would be well behind NYU, a bit behind SoCal and ahead of GWU. HOWEVER, if you are serious about polisci, imo, GWU is the best bet for the overall potential of what you graduate with. If you work at it, you can graduate with a BA from GWU with a solid, meaty drool-worthy cv of meaningful internships and work experiences from top organizations / companies. It doesn't happen by magic, but the opportunities trump even NYU in those terms.
    · Reply · Share
  • cupcakecupcake 1688 replies15 threads Senior Member
    The area where the main campus is the worst I have ever seen in the UK. Given that it's such a safe country nearly everywhere else, that really put me off so I didn't apply there in the end. It does have a very good reputation for academics though.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity