right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Mos schools require AP

elena3142elena3142 203 replies29 threads Junior Member
I'm finishing up my high school diploma at a community college. All my courses are duality credit but I don't have an option for AP. Can I still apply to top UK universities from America? My Gpa isn't the best because I missed a lot of school from leukemia but I'm a strong student overall
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Mos schools require AP

• collegemom3717collegemom3717 8376 replies91 threads Senior Member
    UK schools are not interested in your GPA: they admit on standardized testing, you Personal Statement (an essay about why you are a good candidate for the course you are applying for) and your Letter of Recommendation (Oxbridge also often require extra info: graded work, and/or a subject specific aptitude test, plus a subject specific interview). Most (though not all- Cambridge does not, for example) UK universities accept SATIIs as wells as APs.

Also, be aware that MANY students take AP exams without having taken a course called 'AP'. They do that by self-studying with the help of test prep books (often having taken a similar course, so for example they take Calculus, then self-study how the AP works and what material is important, then sit the test).

Be sure to check whether the subject you are applying to study specifies particular tests: for example, in most cases to do a science, they want a test score in that science, and often one in math as well.

UK university websites are very comprehensive and list international qualifications.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity