Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Replies to: UK 2018

• CuriousInCincyCuriousInCincy Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
    RE: Edinburgh application. In addition to the standard e-notice that his application has been received, our son got a nice email from someone on the History faculty saying that he would get a decision in 4-6 weeks at the latest. That would make for a great November surprise!
  • 2018momnj2018momnj Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    @Conformist1688 she is taking AP BC, AP stats, Physic honor, philosophy and English. Our highschool is not into AP that much, she is at top tier of her class level.
    That was fast. Our son just got his first response: unconditional from Exeter! Much happiness at our house. And wondering what might happen with the other four. But what a relief to have one confirmed so soon!
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 Registered User Posts: 5,658 Senior Member
    Super news, @CuriousInCincy! Mid-Oct & a really good option in his pocket :-)
  • VickiSoCalVickiSoCal Registered User Posts: 2,927 Senior Member
    Great news! Don't be surprised if the 5 are *really* spread out, they each have their own pace and timetable.
    @VickiSoCal Thanks for the tip! It’s a long road but the trip just got a bit easier.
  • HazeGreyHazeGrey Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    @CuriousInCincy Has your son been allocated to a college yet?
    @HazeGrey I don’t think so, but we’ll check the initial email he received from Exeter. Recommendations?
    @HazeGrey Ah, I think you were referring to his Oxford app. Yes, the open application funneled him to Mansfield. Their website celebrates inclusion and a high percentage of students from public schools, which is certainly the case with him.
    @HazeGrey Ah, I think you were referring to his Oxford app. Yes, the open application funneled him to Mansfield. Their website celebrates inclusion and a high percentage of students from public schools, which is certainly the case with him.
  • mbs12345mbs12345 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    I got allocated to Corpus Christi for PPE. Anyone have any experience with Corpus Christi? What is it like? If I were to be accepted (knock on wood), what is the possibility it would be at another college?
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 Registered User Posts: 5,658 Senior Member
    Corpus is great! it's very central, pretty and very friendly. On average about 30% of applicants end up in a different college than they originally apply to, but that's overall and over time, so it's hard to say what your odds of getting an offer from a different college are (esp as Corpus has a solid PPE contingent). Good luck!
  • londondadlondondad Registered User Posts: 2,151 Senior Member
    "I got allocated to Corpus Christi for PPE. Anyone have any experience with Corpus Christi? What is it like? If I were to be accepted (knock on wood), what is the possibility it would be at another college?"

Corpus Christi is a great choice. As mentioned above it is very central and close to a number of the academic buildings. One of my son's friends goes there and loves it.

It is quite common to get pulled into another college, but I would not worry about it as it is out of your control and it is still Oxford!
  • JustOffTheBoatJustOffTheBoat Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2017
    For the data bank, an ACT score of 32, and SAT IIs of 680 and 720 resulted in an unconditional offer for Business Management from Edinburgh for my US-based senior. No transcript sent in: simply supplied these scores and the completed UCAS application, submitted on 10/7. Decision posted on 10/25. Just waiting for one more decision (another UK university) and I think we're done...hard to believe.
  • VickiSoCalVickiSoCal Registered User Posts: 2,927 Senior Member
    @JustOffTheBoat I'm jealous. Chemistry was not so easy at Edinburgh last year :-)