right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

UK 2019- class of 2022/2023

Replies to: UK 2019- class of 2022/2023

• elguapo1elguapo1 441 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 444 Member
    I wont lie, UCL and Oxford for English will be tough, you have a better chance at St Andrews as they are more accommodating to Americans, but still, English is an extremely popular subject and so your offer may be conditional. Good luck, let us know how you get on.
    · Reply · Share
  • Conformist1688Conformist1688 1072 replies25 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,097 Senior Member
    Good luck with the tests, @whimsicalwhims .
    · Reply · Share
  • HazeGreyHazeGrey 212 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 215 Junior Member
    Best of luck @whimsicalwhims Which Oxford college did you apply to?
    · Reply · Share
  • johnnyajohnnya 34 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    Son received a "virtual" unconditional offer from the University of Sheffield for archaeology. I say "virtual" because they simply stated their minimum entry requirements as the condition.
    · Reply · Share
  • aileleailele 36 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Congratulations. Is the King's college one of Cambridge? Thanks.
    · Reply · Share
    Did anybody receive interview notice from Cambridge?
    · Reply · Share
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 6347 replies48 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,395 Senior Member
    @ailele, I think that the poster means Kings College London. Cambridge interview invitations haven't gone out yet, and Cambridge offers don't go out until January.
    · Reply · Share
    Many thanks.
    · Reply · Share
    Did anybody receive interview notice from Cambridge?
    · Reply · Share
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 6347 replies48 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,395 Senior Member
    Lol- patience @ailele :-). preinterview assessment tests were just a few days ago. Also, you need to be specific, by college & subject. I know the waiting is hard, but don’t expect anything this side of Thanksgiving.
    · Reply · Share
    @collegemom3717 Thanks. Trinity Hall (CS). The US interview starts from 11/26 per their website. I doubt it will wait for that long. For CS it is on-site test not pre-test, I believe.
    · Reply · Share
    That's an early interview! Invites seem to start 8-10 days before the first interview (based on the random sample of our experiences/friends & family), but I don't know anybody who's applied to Trinity Hall so don't even have any anecdotal experience to share. Good luck :-)
    · Reply · Share
    @collegemom3717 very helpful. Thanks a lot
    · Reply · Share
  • Twoin18Twoin18 1424 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,440 Senior Member
    I think @ailele is talking about the New York video interviews (Nov 26-29) since those dates are before Michaelmas Term is finished and so college accommodation would not be available then.

Cambridge will invite all "realistic" candidates (75% of applicants) to interview so there's probably no need to worry (although I guess maybe you want to book a flight to New York?). For the record I would always strongly advise applicants to interview in the U.K. if at all possible to demonstrate commitment, since one particular concern of Cambridge is that they hate to make an offer and have it turned down - that virtually never happens in the U.K., their domestic yield (amongst students who get the required A level results) is nearly 100% (my college said that only one domestic student turned them down this year).

Given the multiple subjects and colleges being scheduled those days it wouldn't surprise me if they don't give anyone a time until they've got the pre-interview assessment results from the other subjects.
    · Reply · Share