right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Just how hard is it to get into Galway?

adbra19adbra19 5 replies4 threads New Member
That's basically my question.

I want to do some sort of history course, maybe psychology on the side (who knows).

How competitive are those courses for international students (I'm from the US)?

Thanks in advance!
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Just how hard is it to get into Galway?

• MYOS1634MYOS1634 43463 replies473 threads Senior Member
    Galway is fairly easy to get into if you meet their entrance requirements.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 8376 replies91 threads Senior Member
    Galway would most likely be delighted to have you & is a *great* university town.

But.

You need to look at both the Psych & History courses: you have *no* choices in 1st year in either subject, and you choose *only* classes in your subject in years 2 & 3. There is no 'psychology on the side'. This is a really important aspect of Irish / UK universities: you go straight into your major: no GenEds and no taking classes randomly. If you don't really like the subject it is a loooooonnnggggg 3 years.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity