right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

US student applying for Cambridge. Do I need to send my SAT/AP/ACT from college board to Cambridge

aileleailele 36 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
I am thinking to apply for Cambridge, UK. Do I need to send my official SAT/AP/ACT from college board to Cambridge?
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: US student applying for Cambridge. Do I need to send my SAT/AP/ACT from college board to Cambridge

• csgirl1csgirl1 14 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    You should check their website! They have a whole section for international applicants:
    https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students
    https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/usa

It appears that you would need an SAT or ACT score~
    · Reply · Share
  • Twoin18Twoin18 1424 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,440 Senior Member
    You list all scores on the UCAS form. Official score reports are only needed if admitted.
    · Reply · Share
  • aileleailele 36 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Thanks a lot. That is my understanding.
    · Reply · Share
  • aileleailele 36 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Do you know how many rec letters should i submit?
    · Reply · Share
  • Twoin18Twoin18 1424 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,440 Senior Member
    Have you read the UCAS guide to references? There are specific requirements for the content, including predicted AP scores. You should not expect to be successful with a US-style letter of recommendation, so your teacher needs to realize how much extra work this will be for them. Similarly the personal statement is very different to what you would write in the US. It is now getting very late in the day to get everything organized for the Oct 15 deadline.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 6359 replies48 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,407 Senior Member
    @ailele, in your other post you say that you are a parent- are you asking for yourself here, or your son? CC rules are that you have to post for yourself, no sharing accounts.

Check to see if the subject that you/your son is applying to study has a pre-application aptitude test- you have to register for those by Oct 15 as well (the test date is Oct 31, and you have to get to/find a test center).
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity