right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Oxford conditional offer

bunnyrabbitlordbunnyrabbitlord 7 replies4 threads New Member
I am an American applying to Oxford and since most offers are conditional on APs I was curious as to how that would work out with applying to other American colleges. College decision day is usually May 1, but AP results come after that so I’m curious as to how that would all work out.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Oxford conditional offer

  • elguapo1elguapo1 441 replies3 threads Member
    You might be getting ahead of yourself a little. Your performance in the interview will result in an offer or rejection, in order to get an interview will need to perform well on the aptitude test. If you are fortunate enough to get an offer then you will have to weigh up what you want to do, accept a US school or wait until your AP results. There is no getting around that. What course are you thinking of studying and what are your stats so far.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 8039 replies85 threads Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    The students that I know handle it one of two ways: they deposit to a US college and then withdraw if they make their offer in July, or they 'insure' another UK university. For example, one of my collegekids 'firmed' Oxford & 'ensured' her unconditional offer from Edinburgh (you probably already know that you get 5 applications for the price of 1 with UCAS). Her cousin 'firmed' Cambridge on UCAS, but also put a deposit down at a US university; she withdrew her place (losing the $200 deposit) when she made her offer.
    edited September 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • SybyllaSybylla 5110 replies61 threads Senior Member
    You can confirm your US offer, pay deposit, do it all, and still never attend. You just have to pull out in good time to avoid the financial consequences of leaving it too late.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity