right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

university of edinburgh (sustainable development)

mimi51289mimi51289 1 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
Hello, I'm applying for the MA sustainable development program, in 2019, but my mind is truly blank, I don't know what to write in my personal statement.
I need advice and information about sustainability, in the city of Edinburgh itself.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: university of edinburgh (sustainable development)

• collegemom3717collegemom3717 6359 replies48 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,407 Senior Member
    why do you need "advice and information about sustainability, in the city of Edinburgh itself"? What has that got to do with why you want to study sustainable development?

Borrowing from the UCAS website, your PS is about:

1) Why you are applying – your ambitions and what interests you about the subject, course providers and higher education.
    2) What makes you suitable – any relevant skills, experience or achievements gained from education, work or other activities.

If you don't know why you want to study SD or why the Edi course is a great course for you, there's nobody here who can help you.
    · Reply · Share
  • england2022england2022 81 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    Seeing as your personal statement is universal and you don't write supplements for UCAS for individual colleges, you can't really include anything particular about Edinburgh in your statement, otherwise it's going to look dodgy. EVEN if its the only school you apply to. Because they won't know that.

Why do you want to do Sus Dev? As someone who is currently on the Sus Dev course at Edinburgh, know that it is full of incredibly passionate kids who care deeply about the environment and the politics of it. They need to see a genuine interest that has come from you because its a very selective course (there are only 25 kids in my year on the program).
    So take that into consideration when you write a statement. It is a hands-on, committed course which involves a lot of outside interest.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity