right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Application to Oxford

ikuskoikusko 3 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4 New Member
I have more than enough AP’s than Oxford required ( I got four 5’s and three 4’s) and currently taking 4 more in my senior year. After sending in my application, I took my SAT and only got 1340 ( 720 in English and 620 in Math). I’m registered to take HAT on Oct 30. Have I already ruined my chances?
10 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Application to Oxford

• kiwi351kiwi351 33 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    Was that your only SAT?
    · Reply · Share
  • elguapo1elguapo1 441 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 444 Member
    The key to Oxford admissions is to do well enough on the HAT to be called for interview. The interview is really the decider.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 6347 replies48 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,395 Senior Member
    oof- that was a high-risk strategy to just take the SAT once and so late in the process.

Agreeing with @elguapo1: it puts extra weight on the HAT score. If your HAT + PS / LoR really nail it, given that the weak part is the maths side, it's not *impossible* that you could get an interview offer.
    · Reply · Share
  • Conformist1688Conformist1688 1072 replies25 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,097 Senior Member
    What are the APs (and which were 5s and which 4s? That could play into it too. No point obsessing over it now anyway. Just do your best on the HAT and wait and see.
    · Reply · Share
  • ikuskoikusko 3 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I got 5s in APUSH, European H, World H, and AP Eng Language. I got 4s in Comparative Gov, AP Seminar, and AP Env Sci.
    · Reply · Share
  • Conformist1688Conformist1688 1072 replies25 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,097 Senior Member
    History and English scores are fine; potentially they might still make an offer conditional on one of this year's APs as you really only have two SUBJECTS.

Good luck with the HAT.
    · Reply · Share
    Those are the AP’s (7 in total) that I’ve already completed. I am currently taking AP US Gov, AP Human Geog, AP Macro and AP Studio Art (just because also like art).
    · Reply · Share
    BTW, I also applied to KCL, LSE (expecting to achieve 2-3 more “5’s”) and Univ of Edinburgh. My additional concern is I am applying as “Home fee” putting me in a disadvantaged spot. Since I have one more uni I can apply to, not sure if I should take chance with UCL, St. Andrews or Exeter.
    · Reply · Share
  • elguapo1elguapo1 441 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 444 Member
    Fees are based on residency not citizenship. Where do you reside?
    · Reply · Share
    St Andrew's is a fairly safe bet.

As @elguapo1 suggests, you will only be eligible for domestic fees if you have been living within the EU for the last three years.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity