right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

LSE

highlight123highlight123 10 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
Hey! I was just wondering, do UK schools like LSE or Cambridge consider legacy admissions? Meaning is there a slightly higher chance you'll be admitted somewhere if your grandfather or mother went there? Thanks!
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: LSE

• Twoin18Twoin18 1426 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Nope. That's illegal. You don't even get in anymore because your father is the Prime Minister (ask Tony Blair) or the future King of England (ask Prince William).
    edited November 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • highlight123highlight123 10 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    Okay good, that's what I wanted to hear. I was just wondering because that is how it is with American systems.
    · Reply · Share
  • CupCakeMuffinsCupCakeMuffins 816 replies78 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 894 Member
    edited November 2018
    American admission system is corrupt, even without legacy, you can outright buy a seat at any elite college with a fat enough check. Legacy isn’t the only problem with this system.
    edited November 2018
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity